Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

for Bryce....hahaha Gotcha!

Well being an Ottawa boy, I should be defending this company. But it's understandable that they're cancelling dev of Bryce for Mac. This company has gone down the shitter in the last 5 years. Corel's apps are rather lame, and it's obvious that the apps are ports from OS 9 or from the PC and would have remained this way for a long time.

So...good for them. Iif they're going to save a bit of money here and there and save us from the thought of using a poorly ported app, I say GO COREL! I'd walk 10 minutes from my house to go tell them in person but I don't wanna.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Bryce is very slow.

Vue Esprit is also very slow as a standalone app....

Interestingly....Vue Esprit for Cinema is VERY FAST
  • Reply 3 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Bryce is very slow.

Vue Esprit is also very slow as a standalone app....

Interestingly....Vue Esprit for Cinema is VERY FAST

Well, if E-On software gets enough extra business, they might find a way to speed up their own app.

Is there any other app in Vue D'Esprit's space on the Mac now?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Well, if E-On software gets enough extra business, they might find a way to speed up their own app.

Is there any other app in Vue D'Esprit's space on the Mac now?

There's something call MojoWorld.....but I am not too sure if the name is correct
  • Reply 5 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Painter 8 seems to be a move in the right direction though. I'm taking that as precedent for better things to come from CorelDraw, etc. in the future. As for Bryce, I guess most of that sort of stuff is done on PCs anyway? I've never really gotten the role of apps like it very well, except for game/scenery design, which 3D MAX is the kind of, and Maya has its own tools.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    I'll lament Bryce's Mac passing somewhat.

Started out on Mac. Was a hot product in its day. Neglected development...which helped Vue pass it on the outside lane. Kai's interfaces did things differently. For landscape generation...it made sense to me. Though many Mac and other reviewers knocked its unusual interface.

It was a cool product. I can't understand why Apple didn't move in for Painter, Poser, PowerTools and Bryce when they came up for sale from Metacreations.

20 million. A snip for some top apps with a good, solid reputation. Interesting that all these years later...Apple are in the market for expanding their software portfolio.

Painter 8. That's the kind of app' I'd like to see in Apple's stable. Credit where it's due. Corel have finally got Painter where it needs to be interface and feature wise. I, for one, will be upgrading.

Shame about Bryce though. I'll have to go for Vue 4 instead. Cool vegetation and rendering quality. Slow...yes.

I guess many apps like Lightwave can do their own skies very well. So...I guess if you have something like that...the need for Bryce goes down.

Lemon Bon Bon