The Cardigans (Ex members)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I heard a COOL song on NPR today. It was by a guy who used to be in the Cardigans. The song reminded me a little of My Bloody Valentine, but more organic. Anyone know who I am talking about? Please help me!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

Anyone know who I am talking about?

No. But when you mention MBV I´m VERY interested.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    hmm. well you must know the guys name, then type Cardigans and his name into google and i'm sure you'll come across something
  • Reply 3 of 11
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

hmm. well you must know the guys name, then type Cardigans and his name into google and i'm sure you'll come across something

I don't know his name (Never was a Cardigans fan really, either). I tried Google, but my query is way too vague...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    go to npr's website
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timo

go to npr's website

It was a local show here in KC. I reied to call the DJ but the line was busy...
  • Reply 6 of 11
    there's got o be a cardigans messageboard that you could ask on

good luck
  • Reply 7 of 11
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Was it a definitely former member's project? If not, it could have been another Swedish band, Kent, who sound kind of like MBV meets Radiohead and who have toured with the Cardigans (but who don't feature any former Cardigans members as far as I know). On the other hand, it could also have been Paus, which is a side project by one of the guys from Kent and the Cardigans guitar player.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    that kent site is bad, i can't listen to the audio
  • Reply 9 of 11
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Try www.kent.nu (there are a few English pages, and it appears to be a fan site so it might be better maintained).

Edit: actually seems to be an official site...
  • Reply 10 of 11
    "Your confusion is not my problem."

- one of my wife's computer science professors (who's Chinese and doesn't speak English well)

Ha ha! I think I had that teacher for some of my CS classes!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Was it a definitely former member's project? If not, it could have been another Swedish band, Kent, who sound kind of like MBV meets Radiohead and who have toured with the Cardigans (but who don't feature any former Cardigans members as far as I know). On the other hand, it could also have been Paus, which is a side project by one of the guys from Kent and the Cardigans guitar player.

Hey, thanks. I like the Paus stuff. But I dont think thats the band I heard. The band I am looking for sings in English (I think). The quest continues...