Brute Force (XBox)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yup. I just got it. I would have to say it may be better than Halo. Some call it Halo 2, but it's a lot different. I love the controls (I usually suck at game pads, but this feels pretty good- easy and very natural, similar to Halo actually). The physics and animations are nice. The cut scenes are very cinematic. So far I love it. It's better than MOH: Spearhead (but that's not saying much)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I'm pretty far along now. It's fun. I am very surprised how fast I learned the buttons. Its a lot easier than Ghost Recon (controlling mutilple players can be tricky).

There are a LOT of cut scenes (which I hate), but they are done really well,and the are fluid, fast, revelant, and well edited. They look REALLY good. First time I EVER enjoyed cut scenes! The girls hair looks incredible.

Bump maping is nice. Hair and flesh looks good too.

The weather is cooler than Halo. Lots of dust particles, insects, fog and smoke in the air. Even stuff like dandelion seeds!

Remember that cool blurry night vision effect from Splinter Cell? It's in this game too, big time. Brutus uses it when he uses his super power.

One girl (Hawk) has an invisible mode which is very cool. Sort of metallic and liquid-like.

This game reminds me of Marathon, Halo, Spllinter Cell, Red Faction (huh?), and Ghost Recon. Even looks a LITTLE like Doom3 (rubbery skin, shiney metal, very "next gen" etc)...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    NOBODY is playing this game? What?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I still have one game for my Xbox. NHL 2K3.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    Brute Force? I thought you were talking about the Xbox's market strategy!

$250 million per quarter, gentlemen. That's the bath Bill is taking to try and force it into your home. I still can't believe people would pay money for that huge black-and-green-clump, let alone putting in in their homes where others can see it.

And Apple people? People who care about aesthetics? How the hell do you explain that?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    i thought it sucked... sorry its just microsoft trying to make some money, the story sux, the graphics are ok, there is a lack of visual style, what I liked about halo was its a huge world, not level to level. VENGOR give me strength... that 'feral' dude was cool how he walked around like a dog. God did I hate the dialog too.