Can a bunch of files be drug to the printer in OSX (a la OS9)?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
In OS9, it was no problem to drag a bunch of files to the printer at once. All you had to do was drag them to the printer icon. Since there is no such icon in OSX, is it possible to accomplish the same thing another way?

BTW, I tried to drag the files to the Print Center, but only the first printed out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Keda

In OS9, it was no problem to drag a bunch of files to the printer at once. All you had to do was drag them to the printer icon. Since there is no such icon in OSX, is it possible to accomplish the same thing another way?

BTW, I tried to drag the files to the Print Center, but only the first printed out.

Sigh. Should work. Doesn't. Maybe in Panther?

There are some workarounds though, especially if you're not shy about using the Terminal. Check out this thread here.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Cool link...thanks!

I can't wait until all the 'sreature comforts' of OS9 make their way into 10. My boss recently switched to a Mac, and I was trying to show her a quick way to print a zillion .docs. Oh, well.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Quote:

I just tried that with 2 word docs, and excel sheet and a bbedit doc. It launched the apps and excel and bbedit docs were added to the que and the docs closed, but word wanted me to complete the procedure in the normal way with the print doalog.