Martha Stewart Indicted...Witch Hunt at Full Throttle (merged)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
never mind that guys share this sort of information on a daily basis on the golf course of the world as casually as one would share a stick of gum

and never mind that buy and sell orders a placed on the hour, every hour, every single day that the market is open...

she's a she

and she pissed one too many people off on the way up

and now they got it in for her big time.

and just like a political scandal

it doesn't matter if she ultimately beats the rap

they dragged her white coat through the mud and club soda is not going to get that stain out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    This sounds more like AppleOutsider material.

Moving there now.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Oh, I don't know. I think it's less about gender and more about playing "pin the indictment on the celebrity" to make a statement.

I don't like Martha. She gives me the wiggins. However, seeing her indicted before the big guns of Worldcom or Enron doesn't sit right with me either.

Screed
  • Reply 3 of 36
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

However, seeing her indicted before the big guns of Worldcom or Enron doesn't sit right with me either.

Agreed 110%
  • Reply 4 of 36
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling of Enron and Bernie Ebbers of WorldCom should all have received indictments before Stewart. Stewart made - what - $50k out of the insider trade (and lost about $400 million in the wake of the scandal)? How many millions did those guys pull in from dodgy deals and fraudulent reporting? And how many millions belonging to their stockholders and employees did they wipe out?
  • Reply 5 of 36
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    What zod said. I don't like Stewart, but Ken Lay got off without paying even parking meter change.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    "Martha Stewart made me gay!" (Vernon Dozier)
  • Reply 7 of 36
    the generalthe general Posts: 649member
    "She's a witch! She Turned me into a newt..... I got Better."

• Reply 8 of 36
    i don't think the justice department is done with enron. they seem to be going up the ladder. in fact an arrest was made today of another exec.

her big problem appears to be the obstruction of justice and conspiracy charges more than the securities fraud. i mean she could do leona helmsley time.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    They just indicted another enron guy last week.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

"Martha Stewart made me gay!" (Vernon Dozier)

Always nice to stumble across fellow Hendrie listeners...

• Reply 11 of 36
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Martha represents the 90s thing in a way. The whole economy on one big anal sex stock market greed-fest, and on the other we were having mad passionate fixations with our living room decor and Halloween decorations.

Martha was probably just as coked out of her mind on the market as the rest of the greedy bastards. It's too bad we could sustain day traders (that actually made sense in 1999) and the the Dow at 36,000 indefinitely.

As for those cocksuckers at Eron, they should shoot every last one of them. They SERIOUSLY fukked over a whole lot of people.

At the very least they give ALL their possessions to the people they screwed---that goes for Martha as well.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Much as I don't like her, Martha really didn't screw anyone- at least not like Ken Lay and merry band of thieves.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling of Enron and Bernie Ebbers of WorldCom should all have received indictments before Stewart. Stewart made - what - $50k out of the insider trade (and lost about $400 million in the wake of the scandal)? How many millions did those guys pull in from dodgy deals and fraudulent reporting? And how many millions belonging to their stockholders and employees did they wipe out?

I totally agree.

Why doesn't our "librul media" go after the real corporate criminals? Why don't they explore the connections between Bush/Cheney and Enron? Dubya and Ken Lay were even daily golf buddies, and our "librul media" says not a word about it when Dubya recites speeches about getting tough on corporate criminals. WTF?
  • Reply 14 of 36
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Take a guess who Martha was dating at this time. That is why she is guilty. There is a lot more to this than people think.
  • Reply 15 of 36
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by anand

Take a guess who Martha was dating at this time. That is why she is guilty. There is a lot more to this than people think.

And who was it...? Sorry if everybody else knows, I haven't paid any attention to this at all in the news.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member

Maybe this should go in the other Martha Stewart thread but it seems very weird that she would resign as CEO of a company that is based soley around her on charges that most lawyers think are absurd. (ie manipulating her companies stock by saying she was not guilting of something she hasn't been charged with).

http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentSe...=1012571727088

Something else is going on that hasn't been made public. There doesn't seem to be any rational reason why she would resign.

Maybe after all these years she finially realized she isn't perfect.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

Something else is going on that hasn't been made public. There doesn't seem to be any rational reason why she would resign.

Do you realize how much of your time a major courtroom battle can eat up? Especially when you have design and then coordinate all of the stationery for the legal paperwork?
  • Reply 18 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling of Enron and Bernie Ebbers of WorldCom should all have received indictments before Stewart....

Oh like there's some kind of que that can only indict people one at a time? Most important people at the top? Or maybe there's independent investigations that have little to nothing and all the way to nada and zipo to do with one another?
  • Reply 19 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

I totally agree.

Why doesn't our "librul media" go after the real corporate criminals? Why don't they explore the connections between Bush/Cheney and Enron? Dubya and Ken Lay were even daily golf buddies, and our "librul media" says not a word about it when Dubya recites speeches about getting tough on corporate criminals. WTF?

Um? they did. Or is this one of those threads where we claim "no one is reporting on this" when in fact EVERYONE reported on it.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    "And who was it...? Sorry if everybody else knows, I haven't paid any attention to this at all in the news."

His name starts with Sam... and yes it is true.