A War is NeXT

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
New Here.

It seems to me that with Apple moving at lighting speed this summer M$ and thier so called friends Intel and Dell might have to watch them selves.

1. PPC 970 (killes P4 3.02)

2 iWork (to kill Office)

3 Pal (sweet) just do it SJ

4 iPod

5 iTunes Music for Windows

6 Headless monster G4 for $599 USD

7 Safari 1.1

8 Tivo (Apple's buying this one fellas)

9 Panther ( my 64bit is biger than your 32 argument)

10 iSync (cell phone and PDA's love it)

11 Palm is falling apart at the seems wounderful buy op for SJ

12 Wintel world has nothing comming till 2005 NOTHING to stop us.

Bring it Steve I know you read these boards build it and we will buy it.

One more thing keep the dream alive. I know that we are made fun of a lot and most Wintel users can't understand us. I know I was a Wintel guy untill 2 years ago. This ibook 600 not even a full fleged G4 w/ altivic and I find my self selling the damn things every wear I go. So far I have gotten 18 people to switch. Im going to like it here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 49
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mchenkes

This ibook 600 not even a full fleged G4 w/ altivic and I find my self selling the damn things every wear I go. So far I have gotten 18 people to switch. Im going to like it here.

[/B]

I've switched six people since I personally switched in 1998 with my first Mac (a B&W G3).
  • Reply 2 of 49
    Quote:

New Here.

It seems to me that with Apple moving at lighting speed this summer M$ and thier so called friends Intel and Dell might have to watch them selves.

2 iWork (to kill Office)

4 iPod

7 Safari 1.1

11 Palm is falling apart at the seems wounderful buy op for SJ

Bring it Steve I know you read these boards build it and we will buy it.

One more thing keep the dream alive. I know that we are made fun of a lot and most Wintel users can't understand us. I know I was a Wintel guy untill 2 years ago. This ibook 600 not even a full fleged G4 w/ altivic and I find my self selling the damn things every wear I go. So far I have gotten 18 people to switch. Im going to like it here.

ALERT ALERT!!! 12 year old poster!!! ALERT!!!

"NOTHING to stop us"

stop us from doing what?
  • Reply 3 of 49
    mchenkesmchenkes Posts: 11member
    Gaining market share what the @#%* do you think. Apple is a company that needs to drive profits, and I like my stock up over 18$ instead of floating around 13 were it was 6 weeks ago. Im 22 by the way.
  • Reply 4 of 49
    Quote:

Gaining market share what the @#%* do you think. Apple is a company that needs to drive profits, and I like my stock up over 18$ instead of floating around 13 were it was 6 weeks ago. Im 22 by the way.

"Im 22 by the way"

then you have the luxary of being both pathetic and having age beyond your wizdom at the very same time.

ok ok, I'm being mean (or honest anyway) - maybe I'm just cranky waiting for real hardware from Apple, and have little patience for stupid threads... this aint really future hardware - is it.

also, "male entertainer" LOL funny
  • Reply 5 of 49
    Grad Student

Yes its future H/D most of the possible new items I listed are Rumored H/D. Also, from a buisness piont of view these are great products for Apple to build not only do they creat interest in the company but these possible new products would increase Apple market share and bottom line. If you dont like any of these ideas or if you dont like the fact that a biusness war can be fought basic econonmics argue it don't just be stupied. What grad school are you in anyway?
  • Reply 6 of 49
    Quote:

Grad Student

Yes its future H/D most of the possible new items I listed are Rumored H/D. Also, from a buisness piont of view these are great products for Apple to build not only do they creat interest in the company but these possible new products would increase Apple market share and bottom line. If you dont like any of these ideas or if you dont like the fact that a biusness war can be fought basic econonmics argue it don't just be stupied. What grad school are you in anyway?

don't get your b*tch tits in a tizzy fraulein...

market share... economics... war... bla bla = not future hardware

"What grad school are you in anyway?"

lets see... top 10 in electrical engineering, Los Angeles - I'll let you try to guess... [disclaimer: I guess I'm not really grad student anymore, in that I graduated this may... grad(uated) student?].

Hey - this looks like its becoming a flame war... why don't we squash it? I'll stop pointing out that your a mongoloid in all of my posts - if you stop pointing out that your a mongoloid in all of yours. fair?
  • Reply 7 of 49
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    WTF is wrong with you guys? Some one posts a positive year of possible Apple moves and he's blasted as a child? A pathetic 20yr old?

Come one guys, let's see some maturity and keep it on topic. Take the pissing match to PM or email.
  • Reply 8 of 49
    Thanks Kid Red

Im out of this fight. I will let you guys decide.
  • Reply 9 of 49
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by grad student

also, "male entertainer" LOL funny

Did I miss something?

Grad Student, why don't you leave the poor guy alone, he's just trying to express his enthusiasm for Apple's products. While ripping on him for his age you're the one acting half the age of a true "grad student". (speaking as one grad student to another )
  • Reply 10 of 49
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 11 of 49
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Shaddup...all of youz!
  • Reply 12 of 49
    I have been reading these boards for over a year, I have been a avid Mac user for twice as long, and I do not think that my list of possibilities is that off the wall. Even only if the PPC 970, and a (1) digital device come out this year it will be a good year. My over all point here is Apple has some great things in the pipeline. Both in H/W and in possible murgers and buy outs. Forgive me for pionting out our friends @ M$ dont have anything comming till Longhorn and forgive me for pointing out that my stock is at a better price right now. Why? Becuse everyone knows what the @#$% is going on at Apple they read too.

I never thought in 2 hours excitment for this message board could go to dismay. With stupied petty personal attacks. Im done here. Get up off your @#* and read a damn economics report about Apple or a book for that matter or just set up a lemon aid stand to learn the general idea behind market forces. Im not a stupied mac fan that thinks the second comming refurs to Steve Jobs. I could go on but a person my age should not be forced into having a heart attack. By individuals that come on to the internet to attack others with a positive piont of view. Like to see Grad Boy say some of this shit in the real world remeber were that is Grad Boy its out the window.

Thanks for a wounderful 1st post one here. Thats ritorical for you guys in Cali.
  • Reply 13 of 49
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Hey - this looks like its becoming a flame war...

You didn't notice when you started it? You are a pompous ass.
  • Reply 14 of 49
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

I have been reading these boards for over a year, I have been a avid Mac user for twice as long, and I do not think that my list of possibilities is that off the wall. Even only if the PPC 970, and a (1) digital device come out this year it will be a good year. My over all point here is Apple has some great things in the pipeline. Both in H/W and in possible murgers and buy outs. Forgive me for pionting out our friends @ M$ dont have anything comming till Longhorn and forgive me for pointing out that my stock is at a better price right now. Why? Becuse everyone knows what the @#$% is going on at Apple they read too.

I never thought in 2 hours excitment for this message board could go to dismay. With stupied petty personal attacks. Im done here. Get up off your @#* and read a damn economics report about Apple or a book for that matter or just set up a lemon aid stand to learn the general idea behind market forces. Im not a stupied mac fan that thinks the second comming refurs to Steve Jobs. I could go on but a person my age should not be forced into having a heart attack. By individuals that come on to the internet to attack others with a positive piont of view. Like to see Grad Boy say some of this shit in the real world remeber were that is Grad Boy its out the window.

Thanks for a wounderful 1st post one here. Thats ritorical for you guys in Cali.

I admit that Grad School did start flaming you without provocation, however, you don't really demonstrate the ability to read, write, or comprehend either. Let's just forget this whole thing ever happened before either of you dig deeper holes from which you cannot escape.
  • Reply 15 of 49
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

ALERT ALERT!!! 12 year old poster!!! ALERT!!!

"NOTHING to stop us"

stop us from doing what?

Just because 12 year olds(like me) are young, doesn't mean we don't have something worthwhile to say.
  • Reply 16 of 49
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    mchenkes:

Speaking for myself only, your enthusiasm is a welcome addition to these boards. Fire in the belly Apple fanatics make my day. Keep converting the muggles.

It's great to see someone come in here with a mindset of 'what does Apple need to do to reduce Microsoft to the state of Amiga Computer?'. Keep it up.

I think that Apple's first step should be to release a Tablet, of course. Then they should fire their passive advertising manager (or wake him/her up at least....)

Aries 1B
  • Reply 17 of 49
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    sorry for grad student being a dick... but otherwise welcome dude, I'm 23, and I just um... work? heh way too much by the way. but anyhow yeah I see your point we're in for a great year. i mentioned on another board another thing too is from what statistics we get at work supposedly.. ,don't quote me on this, 5 million some odd computers are over 5 years old and that their upgrade cycle will be tremendous it should be another big year for computers here hopefully for this fall/spring 04.

And also... why is there a sudden influx of so many ass's on here, sorry if I offended any 12 year olds heh.
  • Reply 18 of 49
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Since we're all bitching:

YOU'RE means "you are"

YOUR means "your" (possessive)

Oh, and apostrophes are not for pluralizing. Guess they don't teach spelling in engineering school.

Thank you.
  • Reply 19 of 49
    postcount ++

great thread BTW
  • Reply 20 of 49
    Anyway...

"New Here."

Don't let 'em get to you mchenkes, they're all just bitter.

Well, I wouldn't call the PPC970 a P4 3.02 "killer" just yet, not with only scant real data known on an unreleased product. Yes, this is big for us in the mac community as it will put us back on at least a pretty level +/- playing field with the Intel/AMD crowd. (providing Apple comes through on the motherboard end of things)

2 iWork (to kill Office)

iWork is rumor right now. Clearly M$ Office is lacking on the Mac side (frankly it blows). While AW is good enough (though a good update would be nice) for most of the "average" home users, a more professional "Word/Excel" solution is needed. Bundle that solution at a resonable price, and a bundle with that and FMP...

Pal is also in the rumor category right now. Sounds like a cool little app that would work hand in hand with the iPod...

4 iPod

'Nuff said

iTunes rules, period. iTunes is also a perfect app to go hybrid on the pc side as a free download. Give them a good taste of a great mac app and give them another reason to switch. Plus, what a revenue stream. Look at what the iTMS store has done with just our measley +/- 4% share. (Despite some peoples complaining, you know who you are, iTMS is great, and they are working to expand their library.)

I think Apple can do a stripped down G4 tower. Put in a crappy video card in, a small HDD, and a burner. Make a mobo with AGP/3 pci/2 fw400/ethernet/modem/2 USB 1.1/audio out. The same bargin specs that the cheap pc towers have. Throw it on the Apple store and make everything configurable, hdd/optical/ram/video. Get them in the door with the low number and let them buy up.

7 Safari 1.1

Still needs some refinement, but damn it's good for a new app.

I wouldn't count on them "buying" Tivo, but I can see them forming some sort of agreement. Put Rendezvous, iSync, and a ethernet port on it. Plug it into your network, it configures itself. iSync updates some sort of Tivo interface app that gives you a list with timecodes of what is all recorded on the Tivo, and the app would also give you the tv listing and lets you click and setup a recording schedule on the mac. iSync updates the Tivo's recording schedule.

Panther will be big in a number of ways other than 64 bit. For most of John Q. Public, "64 bit" will be a catch phrase for a while yet with the only real benifit in the ability to install a boatload of RAM. 64 bit will be most important on 10.3 server side and high end apps that make the migratiion to 64 bit.

iSync is just one of the many perks of being a mac user. Don't forget Rendezvous also...

11 Palm is falling apart at the seems wounderful buy op for SJ.

PALM seems to be in the works to buy Handspring. Not sure if this is a good deal or not. I don't think Apple would be smart to acquire Palm, or to put out some sort of PDA. It's kind of a no win market. They are already giving the ipod quasi-PDA ability.

M$ is projecting to not have a new product until 2005. Even so... Longhorn??? Puhlease. With their AQUA ripoff and their Quartz ripoff!!! @$^@#^$&^%!!! Don't get me started!

Having said that, don't expect Intel/AMD to sit on their rears and watch the 970 roll in and take over. They are advancing their respective techs and fabs as fast as they can, always. BUT, I don't give a rats arse what they do, I care what what we get, and the 970 looks to have a bright, scalable future. Then we get the 980. MMMnnnnnn... 980. (drool)

Don't expect us to take over the world by this time next year, but we are certainly at the headwaters of some very good times, and some big opportunities, in Apple land. And for that I have to say, thank you Steve Jobs, everyone else at Apple computer, and (gasp) IBM.