The Incredibles

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone enjoy the teaser in front of Finding Nemo? Looks like another great film from the guy behind The Iron Giant.

It's up for download at Apple and Pixar.

Dig that old school Bond music! 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Maybe just a salad...and uh yeah..oh...and some rice cakes.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    dangerdogdangerdog Posts: 14member
    That looks pretty funny!
  • Reply 3 of 15
    wow!!! november 5, 2004!!!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    reminds me of Grinning Evil Death

Mighty-oooooos
  • Reply 5 of 15
    found a clip of Grinning Evil Death with Captain Sarcastic. click pic for qt.

• Reply 6 of 15
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    the premise looks rok-solid (pun intended), with a dysfunctional family of superheroes.

i loved finding nemo, but hopefully i won't spoil the incredibles for myself by seeing too many previews, like i did with finding nemo. a year and a half is a LOT of hype to build.

man, how do they get the body animation so perfect? do they just pour over human physiology until they've got it perfected, or is it all the programs they're using (or, probably, a little of both)?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Knowing Pixar, they studied physiology a lot and wrote their own software to deal with it, like what they did with cases like Sulley's hair. In addition, the biggest problem with human animation in most movies is that they try to look too realistic, or try to combine it with live action (Gollum, the Burly Brawl, etc.). By making a caricature in a caricature context, it actually will look more convincing than trying to get all that subtle movement as accurate as possible.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    No one's pointing out the obvious "rip off" of all the other misfit superhero shows and movies?
  • Reply 9 of 15
    there are a few Tick (Live Action) threads... and i thought i heard it pronounced $uperhero
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Tick ... Blankman ... Mystery Men I'm sure there's other's I've missed.

I'm surprised because Pixar does things that are so original.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Well, it seems to me that all of those 'dysfunctional superhero' shows are rip-offs. There will be one original, and from that point on they're all derivative.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Yea I was thinking about that. George of the Jungle maybe? But there just seems to be a lot of them lately.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I think you may be right, George of the Jungle is certainly the oldest example of this genre that I can think of at present. But, properly done, it's got a built-in audience. Most Tick fans will go see it.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I'll be there for sure. Too bad Pixar hasn't shrugged off Disney yet.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I'll be there for sure. Too bad Pixar hasn't shrugged off Disney yet.

We'll have to see what happens after the release of The Incredibles. Disney *need* Pixar.