SE T68i vs the Nokia 3650: Which one is better?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I can get both for free through Amazon.com if I sell my soul to T-Mobile for a year at 39.99 a month.

The nokia is better because:
  • Better reception

• More memory (16 mb vs 2mb I think) and expandable up to 128 mb

• Built in camera/video camera that works with the new Quicktime Update

• Bigger screen with more colors

• looks interesting (good or bad)

• Bigger so less likely to be lost

The SE is better because:
  • Can control any Mac with bluetooth through Salling Clicker

• looks like a normal phone

• longer talk time

• longer standby time

• lighter and smaller

• works better with iSync

I am currently leaning towards the Nokia since it had the built in camera and gets better reception. Since the nokia has bluetooth and uses a JAVA OS it seems like it too will eventually work with the Salling Clicker program.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I have the T68i personally and I love it. I don't know much about the Nokia, but I am waiting for the SE T610 to hit the US market.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    The t68 is way older. The screen is crappy. It is just a phone. From what I hear reception is pretty bad too. Your resale value is going to be way better on the Nokia. Think about it: you get the Nokia for free. You don't like it. You sell it and buy another phone. They are getting around $250. More if you get it unlocked (which T-Mobile will do for you if you know what to say). If you got the t68 for free, you'd get $70-$80 tops. Just something to think about.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Gwt the nokia, or use money on the t610... or wait...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Get the Nokia 3650. I work with a woman who takes her cell phones VERY seriously, and she has used both on the T-Mobile network (she shares my love for the Mac and all its fun stuff as well, so we put them both through the paces with iSync and Bluetooth as well).

I was lusting after the T68i myself when it came out for its small size and Bluetooth/iSync abilities. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I finally got a chance to play with my co-worker's. She got hers for free off an Amazon deal, and she was very happy she hadn't payed for this phone. The OS is fairly difficult to use and SLOW. I mean seriously, painfully slow. Also, the reception leaves much to be desired.

Enter the Nokia 3650, which she purchased to replace the T68i. Nearly immediately, I knew this was a better phone. The Symbian OS ROCKS! It is intuitive, snappy, and beautiful. The reception is leagues better than the T68i, and with its newly gained iSync capability, the Nokia just kicks the SonyEricsson's ass.

Just my opinion, but I think you'll be happier with the Nokia. Believe me, I wish I could get one (damn T-Mobile needs coverage in western Kentucky...).
  • Reply 5 of 5
    alex_kacalex_kac Posts: 58member
    Nokia 3650 hands down. I own both.

Nokia syncs WAY better with iSync. The contact info is actually synched correctly instead of only partially. AB pics, etc...

Second the t68 is very slow. The Nokia's UI is very fast.

The signal quality on the 3650 is dramatically better than my t68 as is the reception. I can actually get a reception in my office whereas the t68 never could.