Where was the journalism?

enaena
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In the Hillary interview last night, the Flowers' case was purported to be thrown out of court---when in fact the case was reinstated and, in the end, the Clinton legal defense fund had to pay off Flowers.

What gives? Why no follow up? Why no asterisk at the end explaining the facts about the Flowers case?

Where was the journalism?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Do you honestly care?
  • Reply 2 of 20
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    If you care about that you're an idiot.

If you're concerned with Ashcroft's religious beliefs you're perfectly justified.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

If you're concerned with Ashcroft's religious beliefs you're perfectly justified.

That bastard covered the titties of lady Justice. What the ****?
  • Reply 4 of 20
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    That quote sounds exactly like something Dave Chappell would say. ...emphasis on da titties.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Quote:

Ouch!!!

Barbara clearly left the impression that the Flowers thing was frivolous and summarily dismissed (which is the exact opposite of what happened).

That just isn't journalism, it's a BIG no-no.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Fair enough, though, as Babs isn't much of a journalist.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    ****** media anyone?
  • Reply 8 of 20
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    It's no longer jourlnalism these days. It's corporatism, and propagandism. It's all about the corporations that own the news stations and the propaganda that the government wants them to says lest they be 'un-american'. I'm pretty sure though that Barbara just left that out accidentally. Or maybe they did it as a 'favor' to *Senator* Clinton. *wink*Wink*
  • Reply 9 of 20
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I hear those two are dating anyway....
  • Reply 10 of 20
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    who in the hell in their right mind would cover up breasts on a statue? moron.

that guy actually manages to creep me out.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Flowers was a two faced hypocritical B***tch..& iI mean it in the nicest possible way..

I loathe all those " Kiss n tell " women & men..

They truly give me the creeps..as do their lawyers & the journo's who keep milking the indignance ( lurid Vouyeristic ) gene of middle america.

We have an old saying in Oz..

" SUCK IT AND SEE "

I say stuff her...Sorry I can't be nice about it

• Reply 12 of 20
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Could someone please explain that ashcroft thing. with the titties.

As an uninformed european, I have no idea what your talking about.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Could someone please explain that ashcroft thing. with the titties.

As an uninformed european, I have no idea what your talking about.

The Spirit of Justice is a nice statue that resides I believe in the Great Hall of the Department of Justice. She is topless. It's very artistic. Ashcroft is insane. Ashcroft covered her titties. He used drapes that cost taxpayers $8,000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1788845.stm

Ha...found this with a google search. Funny stuff...And she's a Mac User! BONUS!

http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0611-07.htm
  • Reply 14 of 20
    From your article:

But Justice Department spokeswoman Barbara Comstock said Mr Ashcroft knew nothing of the investment.

Interesting.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

The Spirit of Justice is a nice statue that resides I believe in the Great Hall of the Department of Justice. She is topless. It's very artistic. Ashcroft is insane. Ashcroft covered her titties. He used drapes that cost taxpayers $8,000.

As is often said...

" Only in America "
  • Reply 16 of 20
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

As is often said...

" Only in America "

I somehow don't think that when Don King coined that phrase he had this usage in mind. ;-)
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:

From your article:

But Justice Department spokeswoman Barbara Comstock said Mr Ashcroft knew nothing of the investment.

Interesting.

Bah. I highly doubt that. How can he not know about it? He's the one making the damn speeches in front of it. He's the one to complain about it.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Tell you what, BR, if you're going to whine about the content of your own links don't post them.

You have no evidence aside from a hatred for Ashcroft and a bigoted disdain for Christians. Let it go.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

Tell you what, BR, if you're going to whine about the content of your own links don't post them.

You have no evidence aside from a hatred for Ashcroft and a bigoted disdain for Christians. Let it go.

No, no, no! You've got it all wrong. It's just Christians named Ashcroft that he has a problem with.