i miss earl!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
bring back earl!!! dang his posts were the best...all the good mods go away it seems...first jose, then biff and now earl...sigh

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    He was found dead in a hotel room with a hooker and an eight ball. Tough break.

• Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

an eight ball.

Coroner's reports say it read:

"Better Not Tell You Now"

We can only guess at what the question was.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

...all the good mods go away it seems...

g

I don't know if it is a good idea to get into a "rate the mods" themed discussion (whether current vs. past or current vs. current), in the same way that I don't think that general rating of members is a good idea. I have enjoyed many posts from the current moderators - and disagreed with some of their posts as well. Overall, I think that they do a great job, and as volunteers to boot, and generally have something quite interesting to add to the discussion in the threads, in addition to their moderating role.

G, I almost always enjoy your posts as well -- and wish you would come back to AO sometimes too.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    thanks for the kind words chinney...i miss AO at times, but it has been probably best for my sanity that i have been away...but i have had many kind comments like yours and it makes me happy to hear and know that i have, at times, but words together in semi-sentence form and that others have enjoyed reading them

as for rating the mods...yes that would be a dangerous and silly game to play...my post is an inside joke as jose, biff and earl are all still current mods and admins, they had played with the names one drunken saturday night...

so it was just a joke and a "throw out hi" to them...i should include locash and others, but my brain is foggy this early monday morning and i have forgotten most of the name changes

it is never good to explain an inside joke, and i apoligize for that, but i don't want this thread to become a "i hate this mod, i hate that mod" kinda discussion

g
  • Reply 5 of 8
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Woops. I did not remember the change the moderator name game. I just wanted to avoid any incidental slagging of the mods - and I realize now that was not your intention.

And I do still read and enjoy your posts on the AI portion of AI.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    At least we still have LoCash:

• Reply 7 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Be glad he cropped that pic. You no NOT want to see the bottom of it. heh heh
  • Reply 8 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Be glad he cropped that pic. You no NOT want to see the bottom of it. heh heh

You sure? I do have E-Mail, you know...