Audiophile 2496 and Pro Tools FREE

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I have a problem. Mac G4 'QuickSilver' boots in OS9.2

Pro Tools FREE software was installed first then M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card installed. I go to Apple>Control Panels>Sound, under both Input and Output tabs select DeltaAP (which is Audiophile 2496). Launch Pro Tools FREE, load session and as soon as play button pressed computer freezes and I have to restart it manually. If I change settings in Sound control panel to Internal CD under Input tab playback works fine but you can't get any outside input...

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Pro Tools Free does not support third-party hardware.

Your 2496 card will not work since Apple's Sound Manager is the only I/O option when using PTF.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dsoileaudsoileau Posts: 12member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Pro Tools Free does not support third-party hardware.

Your 2496 card will not work since Apple's Sound Manager is the only I/O option when using PTF.

That's exactly what I learned upon installing PT6 in X. You might put a mini-8 into the audio jack and then patch the playback into your receiver, amp, etc. Sure would be nice to install that digi driver in OS X!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by genabass

Hi,

I have a problem. Mac G4 'QuickSilver' boots in OS9.2

Pro Tools FREE software was installed first then M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card installed. I go to Apple>Control Panels>Sound, under both Input and Output tabs select DeltaAP (which is Audiophile 2496). Launch Pro Tools FREE, load session and as soon as play button pressed computer freezes and I have to restart it manually. If I change settings in Sound control panel to Internal CD under Input tab playback works fine but you can't get any outside input...

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Where did you get Pro Tools Free??
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dsoileaudsoileau Posts: 12member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

Where did you get Pro Tools Free??

http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/
  • Reply 5 of 5
    haunebuhaunebu Posts: 40member
    OS 9 only. Ick.