Pro Tools FREE

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I have a problem. Mac G4 'QuickSilver' boots in OS9.2

Pro Tools FREE software was installed first then M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card installed. I go to Apple>Control Panels>Sound, under both Input and Output tabs select DeltaAP (which is Audiophile 2496). Launch Pro Tools FREE, load session and as soon as play button pressed computer freezes and I have to restart it manually. If I change settings in Sound control panel to Internal CD under Input tab playback works fine but you can't get any outside input...

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    I haven't got ProTools Free, but I am a light user of Logic Fun for some basic audio arrangements (anybody know a better free program for this on OS X). In 9.2 if I had my FireWire FireLite HDD plugged in and running things got a bit dodgy and Logic would crash and I would have to force a reboot. Unplugging the drive solved the problem.

Hope this helps you a little
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Any word as to when ProTools Free for OS X is gonna release?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by genabass

I go to Apple>Control Panels>Sound, under both Input and Output tabs select DeltaAP (which is Audiophile 2496). Launch Pro Tools FREE, load session and as soon as play button pressed computer freezes and I have to restart it manually.

Pro Tools Free will not work with any third party external card. It only works with Apple's Sound Manager.