QuarkXPress 6.0 - Next Week!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://www.apple.com thought you would like to all know.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Nice to know it's "official" although it's somewhat anticlimatic as it's been reported the past few weeks that the software was finally coming out prior to WWDC. They'll need to update for Panther though (don't hold your breath!).
  • Reply 2 of 30
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    ....about f***** time....

• Reply 3 of 30
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Why upgrade?...I'm still rolling along fine in Quark 3.32.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    actually looks beautiful...i see lots of money being spent this summer with new computers, update to the os coming, lots of new and updated programs, new iPods, iTMS growing and then moving to include independents and then the PC market and then the world market... dang...hopefully the economy will get rolling and apple will make a ton of cash

g
  • Reply 5 of 30
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Why upgrade?...I'm still rolling along fine in Quark 3.32.

ha...i wish

i haven't used os 9 nor classic in almost a year....once in a while i see a program try to open classic and i just stop it and throw that program away...

as for quark, obviously i haven't used it in a while, but i still love that program and may just pick it up after a while...right now the list price and the education price is the same...i want to see it that changes or for how much i can get it at my university CIRT office...i got office for like 30 bucks...thinking that if they carry quark 6 it will be only about 50 bucks through CIRT....well worth that to me....ahhh, the benefits of university working is more than just the pretty girls and cheap bars all about

g
  • Reply 6 of 30
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

They'll need to update for Panther though (don't hold your breath!).

Isn't that just killer?

"Just in time for Jaguar comes Quark 6! What? Well, if you want Quark to take full advantage ofthose 970's running Panther, you'll just have to wait 3 years."
  • Reply 7 of 30
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    Good to see Q6 out. Now Apple will have to find some other reason for those flagging G4 tower sales!

Jesting me. Halfly.

Q6. 970. Panther. Music stores. I think 2003 will be the year the tide turned.

Go Apple.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 8 of 30
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    wow. hell hath indeed frozen over.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    Ok, it's been a while since I delved into the programmin' aspect of this, but Quark is claiming that XPress is a Mach-O app. That it has access to a lower level of the OS for more APIs, more functionality.

WTF are they yammering about?
  • Reply 10 of 30
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Press release:

Quote:

At a briefing on the Apple campus today, Quark announced that QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X, the latest upgrade to the company's popular design and layout software, will ship next week. QuarkXPress 6 brings a host of new features and enhancements, all of which we have detailed in previous reports. "QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X is the most anticipated application of the year for our professional customers," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "Quark has done a great job bringing QuarkXPress 6 to Mac OS X and has removed the last barrier for creative professionals to move to Mac OS X." QuarkXPress 6 requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later, and carries a list price of US$1,045. It can be purchased from the online Apple Store, Quark's Web site or by calling Quark at 1-800-676-4575. Users of QuarkXPress 5 can upgrade for $199. The upgrade price for users of version 4 is $299, while QuarkXPress 3 users can upgrade for $499.

Available from Apple for $899.95 not $1045.00
  • Reply 11 of 30
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    1 Gig of RAM!!!! I hope this isn't bloatware!
  • Reply 12 of 30
    709709 Posts: 2,016member

A thousand bucks for cheap DVD style packaging. Users manual in PDF format. Printed manual available for purchase 'early-2004' for $99 plus shipping.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    the devil is now doing his brian boytano impression.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Quote:

$900 for cheap DVD style packaging. Users manual in PDF format. Printed manual available for purchase 'mid-2004' for $99 plus shippin

I know what's up with that. its not like they are a printing company of sorts.

but what else do you expect from a cheap ass companies that shipped all the american quark programming jobs to india?

i hope birds drop special packages on the ceo's car whenever he gets a car wash.

f!cking mtropolis killers...
  • Reply 15 of 30
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

wow. hell hath indeed frozen over.

Multiple amens to that.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Brrrrrrrrrrrr.... It's cold here... who turned the heater off?
  • Reply 17 of 30
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Now that its out, I hope to move to it in production within 6 to 12 months. I expect a LOT of bugs, a learning curve maybe, and of course the Panther updates to all be factored into the big equation.

Now if only I could bet an EXCHANGE CLIENT for OS X I could move away from OS 9. For good.

Distiller 6.0 is a Good thing too. Testing now...
  • Reply 18 of 30
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Multiple amens to that.

Dear Appleinsider

Until you have the Xpress 6.0 Install CD in your hand, I would say Hell is still nice and toasty.

Love,

Satan

Quark Inc Customer Service
  • Reply 19 of 30
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

actually looks beautiful...i see lots of money being spent this summer with new computers, update to the os coming, lots of new and updated programs, new iPods, iTMS growing and then moving to include independents and then the PC market and then the world market... dang...hopefully the economy will get rolling and apple will make a ton of cash

g

Actually, the economy just might be steamin' up now --- take a look at the Dow today (the first time it's been over 9k since 9-11).

Will be a very good year, this 2003.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

A thousand bucks for cheap DVD style packaging. Users manual in PDF format. Printed manual available for purchase 'early-2004' for $99 plus shipping.

Actually, ALL software should come that way (that is, if it's not downloadable). What's up with this mid-90's box-as-big-as-a-Jetta horsecrap?

I don't want printed manuals taking up space (I'd rather print any desired/relevant pages from the PDF anyway). I'm already ON my Mac, so it's much easier to use the online help anyway.

No sense in software coming in those big idiotic boxes. They should all be like Quark 6.

Kinda like when CDs first came out, years ago, in those wasteful, long cardboard boxes. Anyone remember those? Adobe, Microsoft, etc. are the software/computer version of that.