peer to peer

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
how do I get it to work? I've been trying to get MLDonkey, Aquisition and Limewire to work, but I can't even get a server. I'm sure there's a real easy answear, because on windows (kazaa, direct connent, edonkey etc. ) worked all on the first try.

Also: What servers do you use, were can I get lists from, are there better p2p-freewares out there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    uh, not sure what the guidelines are again for answering this question, but i'll just assume you're using p2p to get access to update to programs you legally own and the like.

limewire works very easily, just turn it on, wait a few minutes then search. it does everything for you. the others i've never used, but i'm sure they're similar.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by future-ex-pc-user

how do I get it to work? I've been trying to get MLDonkey, Aquisition and Limewire to work, but I can't even get a server. I'm sure there's a real easy answear, because on windows (kazaa, direct connent, edonkey etc. ) worked all on the first try.

Also: What servers do you use, were can I get lists from, are there better p2p-freewares out there?

There has been since December 9th of last year a Direct Connect client for Mac OS X. Click here to download it.

Have fun...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    you just turn on aquisition, it auto connects to servers

mld is a little harder
  • Reply 4 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I am a victim of liberal mods.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

removed

That's not a good idea to post that here... That's trying to promote piracy... You can get banned for that.... Just a friendly concern/warning...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Man. You can just say "pirating isn't nice". Anyway, how many people here installed all their sofware on one machine? Just about every one i know with 2 or more macs who bought jaguar installed it on multiple machines.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Man. You can just say "pirating isn't nice". Anyway, how many people here installed all their sofware on one machine? Just about every one i know with 2 or more macs who bought jaguar installed it on multiple machines.

So you view it as an excuse for pirating that others pirate too?

Pirate all you want - just don't talk about it at this forum, as clearly the forum guidelines forbid it.