Airport is getting on my nerves!!!!!!!!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I can't understand why this always happens but here's the scoop:

I login to my dual ethernet base station using the Airport Admin utility. Then I change something in the configuration and save it and then quit. When I want to log back in I always get an error saying "the airport admin utility was unable to read the configuration of the selected base station. An error occured while reading the configuration." It no longer recognizes my password!! I have the latest firmware and software for the base station. It works fine and I'm able to get on the internet. I am completey stumped and I'm ready to throw this thing out the window. The only way I can get everything back is to do a hard restart and reinstall all the software. Help!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
  • Reply 2 of 4
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    Well, after messing around with this problem for a few hours, I noticed that if I connect my powerbook to the base station directly and set my connection settings for ethernet instead of airport, then I can use my password and everything works well. So its only when I am accessing the base through the airport that I can't use my password.

Hard wired=password fine.

Airport= password doesn't work.

Thats really weird.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    it doesn't work permanently after you make the changes over airport?

i know if you make any changes the airport basestation restarts itself. it takes a few minutes to come back online then.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

it doesn't work permanently after you make the changes over airport?

i know if you make any changes the airport basestation restarts itself. it takes a few minutes to come back online then.

The only way I can make changes to the base station is if I connect it directly to my powerbook via ethernet. After I disconnect the cable and go back to the airport wireless, it won't allow me to access the base station even though it shows up and I'm able to go on the internet. It does restart itself when I make a change connected directly but it still doesn't help once I'm wireless.

In other words, everything works fine if I'm connected directly to the base. Everything works fine except my password (can't login to base through airport admin utility) when I'm connected wireless.