Work plan for homeless scrapped

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Get a job. Go make your own goddamned money. Quit asking for handouts. Homeless people have heard it all. But when some bums in Chicago try to make a few bucks, the whole scheme is shot down.

Seems easy enough, you sit still for a minute, act out a scene from Crash, and make up to $1500 for your trouble. Oh, did I forget to mention the homemade axe handle your ams and legs are broken with?

Seems a few guys decided to rake in some big coin by faking accidents. Smash some wino's arm or leg and break it, place them in a staged accident scene, and call 911. The guys were posing as relatives and telling the insurance companies that they needed money and would settle fast. The bums made anywhere from "nothing to $1500" on payouts of up to $100,000. heh heh

The quotes in this article are just hilarious:

Bigg said members of the ring would go to homeless shelters to find people desperate enough to pose as auto accident victims.

"On the appointed day they would take them to a garage and put their arm on a stone block," he said. "And they would smash the arm."

The funniest:

Bigg said that in an attempt to ward off suspicion from insurance companies, the crew would alternate between breaking arms and legs.

I guess they should have mixed in a few noses, kneecaps, and shoulders.

Full article here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Damn, how am I going to optimistically become a millionaire now?

I suppose my oil friends and I will just have to bomb another paper tiger leader of an oil country while paying some whitey cops to kill an innocent black man to keep the general population off the scent of our trail.

Have I been reading AO a bit too much today?

Nick
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Get a job. Go make your own goddamned money. Quit asking for handouts. Homeless people have heard it all. But when some bums in Chicago try to make a few bucks, the whole scheme is shot down.

Seems easy enough, you sit still for a minute, act out a scene from Crash, and make up to $1500 for your trouble. Oh, did I forget to mention the homemade axe handle your ams and legs are broken with?

Seems a few guys decided to rake in some big coin by faking accidents. Smash some wino's arm or leg and break it, place them in a staged accident scene, and call 911. The guys were posing as relatives and telling the insurance companies that they needed money and would settle fast. The bums made anywhere from "nothing to $1500" on payouts of up to $100,000. heh heh

The quotes in this article are just hilarious:

Bigg said members of the ring would go to homeless shelters to find people desperate enough to pose as auto accident victims.

"On the appointed day they would take them to a garage and put their arm on a stone block," he said. "And they would smash the arm."

The funniest:

Bigg said that in an attempt to ward off suspicion from insurance companies, the crew would alternate between breaking arms and legs.

I guess they should have mixed in a few noses, kneecaps, and shoulders.

Full article here.

This is Really F*ckin SICK..

We had a rash of this years ago, but in this case, car repair companies would pay accomplices to crash ( usually head on into on coming traffic so as to make work for themselves...

Where's my gun...?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Who even heard of a "homemade axe handle"? That's just a fscking club. What kind of nonsense is this?