mlMac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anybody tried this? This app purports to be a Kazaa client (as well as an eDonkey and Gnutella, BitTorrent and then some). p2p protocols seem to be popping up faster than autumn mushrooms these days. Anyway, has anybody giving this app a good test drive? I just fired it up now and immediately got 300 results for a slightly shady group that was not that popular in Acquisition. I'll have to wait and see how downloading goes, though.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    This thing gives great search results but I could only get really mainstream stuff to download. Everything else stalled. To be fair I only tried it for 10 minutes so maybe some patience is in order before I condemn this app. Besides, it turned up more results for out of print and live stuff than acquisition ever has.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ****. How the hell do you stop this thing? I tried to delete the app and I got the "cannot be deleted because it is in use" message. I can't delete it and it keeps sucking my bandwidth. Apparently, someone is downloading from me. Der Kopf, how do I get rid of this horrid thing?

EDIT: Ha ha ha. I forgot that you can quit apps using terminal. Anyway, ye olde terminal said there was an app called mlnet, that was using 20-35% of the cpu, running so I just did the kill process ID thingy and all is well. I freaked out for a minute there.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Has anybody tried this? This app purports to be a Kazaa client (as well as an eDonkey and Gnutella, BitTorrent and then some). p2p protocols seem to be popping up faster than autumn mushrooms these days. Anyway, has anybody giving this app a good test drive? I just fired it up now and immediately got 300 results for a slightly shady group that was not that popular in Acquisition. I'll have to wait and see how downloading goes, though.

Der Kopf

Have you got a url to connect ? Would like to download this program your trying & give it a spin.

Thanx
  • Reply 5 of 6
    praxispraxis Posts: 30member
    i have given this app a try over the last few days and am a bit frustrated. i get lots of results for searches but never any downloads. when requested it just gives me "stalled". even set my router to dmz to avoid any potential firewall conflicts and still nothing. anyone have any ideas?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I wouldn't call it spyware, but I noticed that it was running even when I killed the GUI. From the terminal I spotted it running for 3 DAYS without me knowing. Downloaded files kept appearing on my desktop every morning. I couldn't figure out how. Now I know. It runs as a service and an app I guess. I dunno, haven't played with it since, and I didnt read the readme file (doh!)