IE 5.2.3 has landed

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just downloaded it. Feels snappier. No visual changes and still way slower than Mozilla and Safari

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Yeah, it actually does feel somewhat faster to me as well, though no contest versus Camino or Safari.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    It's about time. The last update was exactly one year ago. This is the swan song.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    The only place to get it appears to be on Microsoft's website, no Software update.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

The only place to get it appears to be on Microsoft's website, no Software update.

Versiontracker
  • Reply 5 of 15
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    and MacUpdate.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

and MacUpdate.

Thanks 709, I am glad you can reply to that!
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Thanks 709, I am glad you can reply to that!

Here's another site that you might like to familiarize yourself with.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Here's another site that you might like to familiarize yourself with.

If you noticed I said I found it on Microsoft's web site. However, you need to familiarize yourself with the private messaging system, and how to click the reply button when you receive a private message. Instead of blowing the sender off.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Oh no i've chucked it in the bin, think i'll fwipe it just so no one knows i ever ran IE.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Look in your bookmarks in Safari for Mac sites. Go to Mactopia here for all updates. Non Apple updates generally do not appear in the Software Update panel.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I think I remember an IE security update coming through SU

And wasn't 5.2 through SU?

...goes to check install log at SU...

Quote:

Wednesday, November 06, 2002 14:51:56 US/Pacific: Installed "Internet Explorer 5.2 Security Update" (5.2.2)

• Reply 12 of 15
    If a browser gets updated in the woods, and nobody uses it...does anybody care?
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

If you noticed I said I found it on Microsoft's web site. However, you need to familiarize yourself with the private messaging system, and how to click the reply button when you receive a private message. Instead of blowing the sender off.

My suggestion was in response to your PMs. It's quite possible you might need to familiarize yourself with a term loosely referred to as 'a life'. I'm a big boy. I have one. If somebody doesn't respond to your PMs within your anxiety timeframe/threshhold it might possibly mean that *gasp* they aren't on the internet the same time as you want them to be. To ask a question one minute then get pissy the next minute because you haven't recieved a reply is worthy of a 16 year old. So I forgive you this once. Next time try breathing a little between posts and you'll get a response.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Any ways, back on topic, apparently there are a number of places to get this update. Thanks for the links.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

If a browser gets updated in the woods, and nobody uses it...does anybody care?