Quick iPhoto Question on Re-Sizing Photos

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Bought an hp scanjet 3570c scanner a couple of weeks ago. I've done a couple of iMovie projects, and now would like to scan some photos and put them into iPhoto. As I am pretty familiar with iMovie, I'd like to import them from iPhoto into iMovie and make my movie "slideshow" there.

I've read that optimally, photos should be 648x480 pixels to work best when imported into iMovie. I can't seem to find anywhere (yeah, I'm probably blind) in the HP Photo and Imaging Director or in iPhoto where I can re-size the photos to the exact pixel by pixel size I need. I see the slider in iPhoto, but do not see where I can adjust the photos to the exact pixel x pixel size I need.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S.--If it matters, I am running OS 10.2.6 on my new iMac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slackula

Bought an hp scanjet 3570c scanner a couple of weeks ago. I've done a couple of iMovie projects, and now would like to scan some photos and put them into iPhoto. As I am pretty familiar with iMovie, I'd like to import them from iPhoto into iMovie and make my movie "slideshow" there.

I've read that optimally, photos should be 648x480 pixels to work best when imported into iMovie. I can't seem to find anywhere (yeah, I'm probably blind) in the HP Photo and Imaging Director or in iPhoto where I can re-size the photos to the exact pixel by pixel size I need. I see the slider in iPhoto, but do not see where I can adjust the photos to the exact pixel x pixel size I need.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S.--If it matters, I am running OS 10.2.6 on my new iMac.

Umm, click on the photos you want to resize and then choose export, from there you will have a check box, and the ability to resize the pic. Then you can re-import the photos in iphoto at that size. It is a little messy, but that is the way it works.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    Thanks, iJerry!

One last question: As a recent switcher, I am used to hitting that one button "Instant Fix" in Adobe PhotoDeluxe (free with old PC scanner) to make basic color corrections, etc. Is there something like that in my system I am missing, or is there a piece of freeware or shareware that can do this? Or do I need to buy at least Adobe Elements or something like that?

Thanks again!

• Reply 3 of 4
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slackula

Thanks, iJerry!

One last question: As a recent switcher, I am used to hitting that one button "Instant Fix" in Adobe PhotoDeluxe (free with old PC scanner) to make basic color corrections, etc. Is there something like that in my system I am missing, or is there a piece of freeware or shareware that can do this? Or do I need to buy at least Adobe Elements or something like that?

Thanks again!

it's called the "enhance" button in iPhoto.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    pesi: Thanks! It's getting late here. I should have played around more with iPhoto first. Thanks for the prompt answers to my inane questions.

Have a nice evening!