www.angelfire.com/poetry/dontask/

I cant answerquestions

Comments

• Reply 1 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by dontask

www.angelfire.com/poetry/dontask/

I cant answerquestions

Hey-- I bought JYD's chirping bird, I'll buy this, too. Permanent Insanity, I say.
  • Reply 2 of 146
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I could live with that. I'm sure it's mucho sexy in person.
  • Reply 3 of 146
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    I could live with that too. It follows a lot of the rumors about the case. Notice the handles are a part of the case? Or at least they appear to be.

Then again, this could be a photoshop job that someone printed out (in poor quality of course) and then rescanned to make it look like it was scanned from a brochure.

Pretty good trick if you ask me. I guess in 6 days we'll know.

I just gotta say that all of this is fun as hell
  • Reply 4 of 146
    Okay— so it doesn't match most of the rumors (dual tray optical drives, front FW, USB ports, etc.), and the Photoshop work is bad, but for once, I'd like to believe somebody posts something real here.

Remember, the glass is twice as big as it has to be.

[edit: the "in the pants" part is good, too, although that's something JYD would say.]
  • Reply 5 of 146
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Speedholes? = Speedgrill

Mmmmmm.
  • Reply 6 of 146
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    wooooooo, finally!

that is sweet... i want it now!
  • Reply 7 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

Okay— so it doesn't match most of the rumors (dual tray optical drives, front FW, USB ports, etc.)

What if the side of the machine that is blurred out contains the USB/FW ports? So its sort of on the front of the machine. Also, the top of the box looks like it could fit another drive in there as an option. \
  • Reply 8 of 146
    coscos Posts: 99member
    I don't know... it reeks of the old spymac era pre expo rumors of yore...

Why do all these "spy photos" have to be so darned blurry and "crumpled"? If you ask me, it's probably just a means to compensate for the fact that the 3D image he created didn't look true to reality. Additionally, why did he feel the necessity to blur out the bottom-middle section of the case?

And while we may not have a genuine idea as to what it really looks like, (Considering the fact that it looks like a photo that went through a fax machine), this design looks exceptionally tame for something Jonathan Ive was responsible for.

I don't know, It just doesn't fly with me...

However, that's how I envisioned the handles too...
  • Reply 9 of 146
    YOU STOLE MY TOASTER OVEN!!! GIVE IT BACK YOU BASTARD!!!!

----------------

RosettaStoned
  • Reply 10 of 146
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by COS

And while its hard to get a genuine idea as to what it really looks like (Considering the fact that it looks like a photo that went through a fax machine), this design looks exceptionally tame.

You know what the vertical slots remind me of, the old IIci/cx case, tipped up on its side. And if that is what this was, in beige plastic, then it'd be "tame".

Hmm, but imagine it in "Alu".

Either way, looks like a crumpled up laser print to me, rather than a fax!?

Anyone smell dawg?
  • Reply 11 of 146
    5 minutes ago his hit counter was at 55. Now its over 700. Plus it just got posted to macrumors.com

This thing should be all over the web in about 10 minutes.

It'll be interesting if other sites copy the picture and post it and then get a notice from Apple. I can't wait to find out.
  • Reply 12 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clive

Either way, looks like a crumpled up laser print to me, rather than a fax!?

In retrospect, a laser print may be right, although the line screen used is around 60-80 lpi, which is indicitive of a newspaper halftone.
  • Reply 13 of 146
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    I try to extract EXIF information (using EXIF-O-Matic) and I get the following:

Code:

dontask2.jpg - EXIF Information

- Iptc

Does anyone know what this ("Iptc" and nothing else) means?
  • Reply 14 of 146
    yea halftone, also the area around it appears to have been messily erased you can see where the tower ends and the backround begins.
  • Reply 14 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

5 minutes ago his hit counter was at 55. Now its over 700. Plus it just got posted to macrumors.com

You mean a rumours site is recycling someone else's rumours?
  • Reply 16 of 146
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    If this image disappears, then it's the real deal. If it stays it's not. Copy to your desktop!
  • Reply 17 of 146
    If this was really from a brochure than he'd have all the specs and the name of the machine too. You'd think he'd want to post that as well...hmmmm
  • Reply 18 of 146
    he says, "Don't ask any questions, I can't say anything." but then puts a banner ad on?

This just screams, "HOME MADE FAKE!!!"
  • Reply 19 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by COS

The very nature of the way he's putting it on a site screams fake...

"Don't ask any questions, I can't say anything." but then puts a banner ad on?

This just screams, "HOME MADE FAKE!!!"

The banner ad is put there by Angelfire, thats the price of having a "free" website.
  • Reply 20 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by qazII

I try to extract EXIF information (using EXIF-O-Matic) and I get the following:

Code:

dontask2.jpg - EXIF Information

- Iptc

Does anyone know what this ("Iptc" and nothing else) means?

What's EXIF? I don't think you're going to get any creation data, it looks like a scan of a print - or someone is *really* good at Photoshop.

What's the significance of the rough cut out?