Everquest??? When?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok... its been long enough... anybody know anything about the release date...seems like it just disappeared

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    vitaflovitaflo Posts: 35member
    According to Brad Oliver who's a developer on the game, it should go gold sometime next week.

Not sure how much time there is between gold master and being on store shelves, but it should be done real soon now.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    We're finishing beta testing on the game next week I believe. It will ship by month's end. That is the current plan at least.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Whoa! Good old Brad Oliver of the MacMAME team is also working on Everquest! Cool! No wonder MacMAME gets updated so rarely
  • Reply 4 of 8
    A little birdie told me the inception date would be June 23. You may wish to do the math as to how much the game would cost you for a year's worth of playing (Hint, it's over $160), and then take into account that we're getting it about five years late
  • Reply 5 of 8
    shankstashanksta Posts: 96member
    EQ SUCKS!

EQ = Milking more money from the EQ name before EQ2 comes our and SWG (which will cost 15 bucks a month).
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Isn't capitalism grand?

But I won't be buying a PC just to play EQ2, and I rather enjoyed the EQ beta, so I just may subscribe.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    macworkmacwork Posts: 57member
    How much is the monthly charge?

I was hoping 9.95 or less.... any charge is robbery but hopefully its less.

Anyone out there played it and think its worth it?

I mean the thought of exploring around a world and building up and fighting sounds pretty damn cool
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I think it is something like $12/mo.

The game is indeed fun, and addictive. I've only played the mac version. I can't tell you whether or not it is worth it, you'll have to decide for yourself \