coloured ibook keyboards

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
was thinking about personalisation of ibooks.

alot of people quite liked imac colours (alot of non-mac people i know remember macs only because of that)

and was pondering that maybe apple should sell coloured ibook keyboards. given that they are easy to replace yourself and to have a customised one would be quite cool.

infact i wondered whether since apple probably won't do such a thing, that maybe it might be possible to do it myself.

the best way i could think would be spray paint the colour on the back, to avoid covering the all important letters and incase the paint could rub off onto fingers. yet i have visions of the paint overheating and bursting into flames.

anyone reckon it could be done and how?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Maybe gold-coloured?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    choichoi Posts: 1member
    This isn't the answer, but it may be something that interests you.

http://iskinprotect.com/iskin_ibook_spc.html
  • Reply 3 of 7
    >Maybe gold-coloured?

you refering to the old wallstreet powerbooks?

with the special gold keyboards. do they fit ibooks or something?

i have no idea if all the laptop keyboards are interchangable, if they are would that be why you mentioned it?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Perhaps he was referring to that time MacDoobie referred to a "Gold iBook" but the use of the word "gold" was an error.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    i, fredi, fred Posts: 125member
    Some guy in Japan was making colored iBook keyboards a couple of years ago....but I don't remember the site. Sorry.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    yzedfyzedf Posts: 24member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Choi

This isn't the answer, but it may be something that interests you.

http://iskinprotect.com/iskin_ibook_spc.html

May not be what parent post is looking for, but I can say that product is VERY nice to use. Actually improves the feel of the keyboard, as well as making it more or less dust proof.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    i think japans a little far away to import that from even if i could find the site.

the iskin looks great, especially if i dare to eat near an ibook.

i was really more wondering if it could be done.

personalised keyboards would be great, bit like the laser etching on the ipods.

but i haven't got an ibook yet anyway, soon though. and when i get one i'll see if i can also get a cheap spare keyboard somewhere to experiment on.

if i find a way that works i'll post back here about it btw.