New keyboard and mouse!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If you watch the "Powermac G5 Introduction Video" near the end where Bruce Chizen is talking about Photoshop on the G5 there is a shot with the computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse in it. Pause it and look carefully. The mouse and keyboard look to be a more gray color and the apple on the mouse is black instead of gray on the current "Apple Mouse". Plus if you go to the store and see what comes included with the G5 it says Apple Pro Mouse and Apple Pro Keyboard. However when you go to input devices at the store they only have the Apple Mouse and Apple Keyboard. I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere else but it looks to me like we are getting a new (at least color scheme ) kb/m!

P.S. - In the video, the mouse doesn't look like it has a cord...hmm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    it looks like the monitor may be slightly altered as well. Same design but it appears to have a metallic look instead of the pinstripes.

see here
  • Reply 2 of 29
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    the new 20" Cinemas don't have the pinstripes. What about the keyboard?
  • Reply 3 of 29
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    It'd be a head-smacker if Apple released these new monster machines and only included a single-button mouse with them.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

It'd be a head-smacker if Apple released these new monster machines and only included a single-button mouse with them.

Oh, this wouldn't be the first.
  • Reply 5 of 29
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Why? I guess most pros don't even use two button mice. Some use three button mice, some four button mice, some use trackballs and so on.

Buy you favorite mouse and use that.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    For those of you who don't feel like downloading the entire movie, here's a screen shot of it:

I dunno... they always do extrodinarily well hiding cords in movies like this. It looks cleaner.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

For those of you who don't feel like downloading the entire movie, here's a screen shot of it:

I dunno... they always do extrodinarily well hiding cords in movies like this. It looks cleaner.

Something makes me think.... Bluetooth!!!!

Both the keyboard and the mouse!

Great find!

Fellows
  • Reply 8 of 29
    saucysaucy Posts: 2member
    Anyone else see two buttons and a scroll... bump... on that mouse in the above pic? Or is it just my eyes playing dirty, dirty tricks?
  • Reply 9 of 29
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Something makes me think.... Bluetooth!!!!

Both the keyboard and the mouse!

Great find!

Fellows

I doubt the mouse or keyboard would look exactly the same. They'd both need some form of charging station. I just don't see Apple going cordless anytime soon.
  • Reply 10 of 29
    coscos Posts: 99member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Saucy

Anyone else see two buttons and a scroll... bump... on that mouse in the above pic? Or is it just my eyes playing dirty, dirty tricks?

I think thats the reflection of the display's feet that you're seeing.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by COS

I think thats the reflection of the display's feet that you're seeing.

indeed
  • Reply 12 of 29
    I suspect that the image on the screen was composited for quality-of-image purposes.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    composercomposer Posts: 212member
    It's the Apple Keyboard and Mouse. From the new eMac. Nothing fancy.
  • Reply 14 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Composer

It's the Apple Keyboard and Mouse. From the new eMac. Nothing fancy.

No, I'm pretty sure that is a different mouse. Allow me to demonstrate?

::holds his Apple Pro Mouse (same design on the top as the new Apple Mouse) and lays it on his desk in the same position as the G5's mouse::

That one doesn't seem to have a transparent casing. Looks to be all metal.

EDIT: One closer inspection, that black dot on the G5's mouse just seems to be the black of the desk seen through the grip on the left side and the casing. My mistake.
  • Reply 15 of 29
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i'm using a QS pro keyboard and maybe the switched with the 1.42Ghz Powermac but the esc key looks longer then mine...i assume they just changed it but if not there is a thing

the mouse isn't a white mouse...and the monitor looks different

the thing is the mouse and keyboard look like cheap grey plastic...YUCK
  • Reply 16 of 29
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Anyone using that new eMac keyboard wanna comment on it? Hopefully someone with an AL-book? Does it have the same scissor action keys?
  • Reply 17 of 29
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I'm adding my voice to the "they hide cords in movies and advertisements" chorus.

'cause they do.

I actually use a Wacom stylus most of the time these days....so a 2-button Apple mouse wouldn't necessarily be a slam dunk sale to me.

Golly, I wonder how many threads about Apple and its one-button mouse I've contributed to over the years?
  • Reply 18 of 29
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    According to the Tech Specs on Apple's website, the G5 comes with the Apple Pro Keyboard and Apple Pro Mouse. However, according to the Apple Store, it comes with the Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse, which are not adjustable. (Compare this to the still-offered G4, which has the pro stuff). I would be disappointed if the non-adjustible Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse came with these Pro computers.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Saucy

I see that as well.

Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I doubt the mouse or keyboard would look exactly the same.

Huh?

Quote:

They'd both need some form of charging station.

Could they not each have two removable batteries, one in the unit and one parked in a charging station?

Quote:

I just don't see Apple going cordless anytime soon.

And you're basing this supposition on?
  • Reply 20 of 29
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Could they not each have two removable batteries, one in the unit and one parked in a charging station?

This is so unApple....