Best part of the keynote?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Go and find your favorite part of the qt stream and post the time here (and let the rest discover it for us self)

Mine is between 01:13:00-01:13:30

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    um, i dont feel like wading through it all. the best part for me was the xcode part, in particular when he mentioned distributed compiling. even though i've later found out that its possible without xcode (and is easy to setup), that idea nearly had me spooging in my pantalones. the whole xcode part was awesome.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    When some guy gave a cat-call to the G5. Made me think of that thread in Temp. Insanity when someone said the PowerMac was un?***able.
  • Reply 3 of 40
    The video of the Panther then the Longhorn cow, followed by the gut-wrenching laughs after Jobs claimed that Apple had a great relationship with Microsoft. That and the super ass-kicking the Xeons got in the duel. It feels good to be back on top. You could tell that Steve has been waiting for this day when he said the words "World's Fastest Personal Computer". Congrats Steve!
  • Reply 4 of 40
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    When Phil Schiller makes the "I just got out of bed face"

Al Gore trying hard to be funny was funny.

The France/negotiating joke...
  • Reply 5 of 40
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Considering my stream has been spotty at best and I always seem to connect at the same part, bake off, I don't have one\
  • Reply 6 of 40
    minute 19:00 to around 22:00 when he demos exposé
  • Reply 7 of 40
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

When Phil Schiller makes the "I just got out of bed face"

Al Gore trying hard to be funny was funny.

The France/negotiating joke...

i think the al gore part was probably the best (man i wish he woulda won) and although i didn't like the french guy (not cuz he is french...he seemed weird and straggly looking) but they had some cute jokes
  • Reply 8 of 40
    kjmmackjmmac Posts: 5member
    The Jay Leno - Tonight show switcher ad with Osama bin Laden...
  • Reply 9 of 40
    I liked a lot. (ouch my fscking PB is hot from the streaming)

Expose demo was very cool.

iChatAV was a fun demo

Xcode yea I'm sure it's great Zzzzzzzzzz

So far (it hung again) the G5 intro was the best.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    Something I was really wondering when I first saw this:

Did I miss something when Steve says "Zero Link" around 1:01:50? What's with the pause and sudden laughter and applause as he pushes his sleeves up?

Favorite part? Steve mentions the Apple.com Store slip-up from last week.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Check the signature.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    fast user switching as a smooth 3d cubic rotation of desktops was coool. big response.

Theo from Wolfram Research's line about "having to think a long time about creating a suitable demo that wouldn't so overload the PC that it would be tied up for hours and ruin the next 3 Bake-Offs"

FontBook - our design school has waited on Quark and Font Management in order to migrate to OS X. Panther should mean almost no excuse for OS 9 by 2004.
  • Reply 13 of 40
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    When Steve is describing dteails of the G5 and he clearly has no idea what this techniocal stuff means. he says the chip has "blah blah" and then says something like "I guess thats good".
  • Reply 14 of 40
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    "...massive branch prediction logic...which I don't know what it does; predicts branches but: its a good thing..."

yeah this definatly was one of the best
  • Reply 15 of 40
    Watching that whale stare at me from the PC screen while the Mac calmly finished the demo. It feels good to be back on top
  • Reply 16 of 40
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Something I was really wondering when I first saw this:

Did I miss something when Steve says "Zero Link" around 1:01:50? What's with the pause and sudden laughter and applause as he pushes his sleeves up?

Favorite part? Steve mentions the Apple.com Store slip-up from last week.

Yeah, what abot the "Zero Link" thing? I didn't catch it either.

I liked it when his glasses fell off, heh. The instant switching between users elicited a great response. You could tell he was running on a G5 already. It was hilarious when the other speakers would try to emulate Steve's "crescendo," and not get any response from the audience. And what's the deal with having no new ads but instead a redundant video?
  • Reply 17 of 40
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    so many good moments this time around.

the mathematica guy is always great. he's been at a keynote before. the previous time i saw him, i was like "they need to get this guy to come to ALL the keynotes". he just says the most sincerely funny geek stuff.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

FontBook - our design school has waited on Quark and Font Management in order to migrate to OS X. Panther should mean almost no excuse for OS 9 by 2004.

I didn't think about this, but this is exactly what we need here in our journalism school.

Quark and font management were the two big hang-ups.

God OS9 sucks.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    I was finally able to see the whole thing.
  • Reply 20 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

The video of the Panther then the Longhorn cow, followed by the gut-wrenching laughs after Jobs claimed that Apple had a great relationship with Microsoft. That and the super ass-kicking the Xeons got in the duel. It feels good to be back on top. You could tell that Steve has been waiting for this day when he said the words "World's Fastest Personal Computer". Congrats Steve!

Same Here 53:07 to 54:18