Photoshop 8 beta disappointing new features

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Under the hood Photoshop 8 rocks from what I have seen in the last week of use. Its fast and stable.

Whats disappointing is the lack of new features. Especially after the .5 upgrades of the last few years that Adobe packages with a full number upgrade. Imo nobody should buy this upgrade if they expect great new mind blowing features. A good speed boost is obvious but I expected that with PS 7 but that didn't happen. If anything some things were slower. Printing problems are an OS X issue so hopefully panther corrects those problems.

It's nice staying current with speed and system increases, but Adobe has dropped the ball again when it comes to adding new features or new usable filters!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Well, I guess that 16-bit editing and non square pixel support would please photographers and video pros.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    rhoqrhoq Posts: 190member
    It's not a Public Beta, is it?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhoq

It's not a Public Beta, is it?

No.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    My household has upgraded ever 1.5 versions since 2.5 so I think I'll be skipping this release and waiting for 8.5.

2.5 -> 4.0 -> 5.5 -> 7.0
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

My household has upgraded ever 1.5 versions since 2.5 so I think I'll be skipping this release and waiting for 8.5.

2.5 -> 4.0 -> 5.5 -> 7.0

Adobe seems to have forgotten the number 5 recently (6 -> 7 -> 8)
  • Reply 6 of 11
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    Good collection of screenies now available at MacGeneration http://www.macgeneration.com/mgnews/...101320_1.shtml

Love the Histogram palete!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Awesome! So it seems that the rumors of Adobe dropping support for Macs weren't true!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    Bet it runs well on the G5!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by naderby

Bet it runs well on the G5!

Oh ya!!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

Awesome! So it seems that the rumors of Adobe dropping support for Macs weren't true!

Adobe dropped support for OS9 not X though
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Adobe dropped support for OS9 not X though

oh!! OK. I read the rumor wrong. heh