Confirmed: Nuclear Compenents and Docs found in Iraq!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
[Edit: Comp-O-nents....that's the spelling!)

Where are the WMD?

Here's where:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/931304.asp?0cm=c10

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...uge/index.html

This is proof positive that Iraq was, at least concealing elements of a nuclear weapons programs, whether active or not.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 143
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Nothing to see here folks. Giant already proved that Iraq had nothing and even if it did it has decayed away years ago. Bush would be satan but I'm an atheist.
  • Reply 2 of 143
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member

They were concealing these components 12 years ago. BEFORE the first gulf war. Not that impressive of a find in my opinion.
  • Reply 3 of 143
    Still a violation of 1441 and a nuke program none the less.

Had we done what ... umm I don't know let's pick a country at random .. France wanted then UN would have lifted everything, given France's pal Saddam a free hand, allowed this to be dug up and the program restarted and ... 10 years from now the Jews would have been nuked.

But that's not France's problem is it? There's cheap oil to be bought.
  • Reply 4 of 143
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    which of these things is not like the others? which of these doesn't belong? [/music]

I like how WRH said it: "Saying these few parts make a WMD is like finding a couple screws and deciding that this is evidence of a car."
  • Reply 5 of 143
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

They were concealing these components 12 years ago. BEFORE the first gulf war. Not that impressive of a find in my opinion.

Not that impressive? Congratulations! You are the first ostrich of the thread:

Iraq was banned from having ANY nuclear program whatsoever. ANY evidence of such a program being concealed, whether active or not, is total material breach and direct threat to the national security of the United States. Period. End of story. giant, tonton, pfflam et al: You lose...bigtime. So does every other Demcoratic politician that began to jump on the no WMD bandwagon.

BTW, they also found sacks of plant material that was labeled as fertilizer. Actually, it was the basis for Ricin toxin, not fertilizer.
  • Reply 6 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Iraq was banned from having ANY nuclear program whatsoever. ANY evidence of such a program being concealed, whether active or not, is total material breach and direct threat to the national security of the United States. Period.

Sorry, but some forgotten and useless 'screws' are about as far from an 'ugent' and 'immenent threat' as one can get.

Don't you people have any shame?
  • Reply 7 of 143
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

which of these things is not like the others? which of these doesn't belong? [/music]

I like how WRH said it: "Saying these few parts make a WMD is like finding a couple screws and deciding that this is evidence of a car."

Give up. It's over. Iraq concealed nuclear weapons program materials. Active or not, they had it. There is NO argument here. You might as well concede because you are going to get killed on this one.
  • Reply 8 of 143
  • Reply 9 of 143

and in case you forgot, this is what was found:

have a good night.
  • Reply 10 of 143
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Not that impressive? Congratulations! You are the first ostrich of the thread:

Iraq was banned from having ANY nuclear program whatsoever. ANY evidence of such a program being concealed, whether active or not, is total material breach and direct threat to the national security of the United States. Period. End of story. giant, tonton, pfflam et al: You lose...bigtime. So does every other Demcoratic politician that began to jump on the no WMD bandwagon.

BTW, they also found sacks of plant material that was labeled as fertilizer. Actually, it was the basis for Ricin toxin, not fertilizer.

I thought I was more like a pretty unicorn...

• Reply 11 of 143
    There is no 1441.
  • Reply 12 of 143
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

There is no 1441.

Not according to the US Government.
  • Reply 13 of 143
    Of course the US thinks there's a 1441. And here's the proof that Iraq violated it and as such suffered "serious consequences".
  • Reply 14 of 143
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    If they find WMD then, however much I dislike the administration, it is good for the US and can only be a good thing.

But they need to find more than this in order to justify invading a country

Maybe they will?!?!

Does Castor oil come from Castor bean plants?
  • Reply 15 of 143
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    My God, some people are so tied into their politics it's ridiculous. Take a step back and LOOK for crying out loud. This is headline fodder for CNN, period.

Look at the size, number and scale of the parts they have. They could be a part of many types of machinery. Where the hell is the rest of it? Any of it even?! Disintegrated? Shot by Scud into the nearest Black Hole? Next rose bush over?

Either there were centrifuges and large-scale equipment caches for a nuclear program, or there was none. If there were, there simply HAVE to be more parts than this to be found. If there weren't, then this is Hagi's big find at the local black market swap meet. BFD.

This is not a smoking gun ...it's a waft of smokey odor from something that smells sorta like a smoking gun. Find the gun and I'll be impressed. And I don't mean a finished nuke -- that's not what's needed to prove the N part of NBC.

This is weak at best.
  • Reply 16 of 143
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    this is weak, but likely just a start. they're getting people out, giving them places to live and jobs. it'll make it interesting for the next few months, odds are more information will fall into place.

a bit of patience is probably in order here. personally, i get the feeling this is the tip of the iceburg, not the entire package.
  • Reply 17 of 143
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    It's a nuclear component, part of a prohibited nuclear weapons program with a lot of accompanying documents.

It doesn't matter (WRT UN resolutions) if it's a prohibited centrifuge or a half-built warhead. It's a proscribed nuclear program.
  • Reply 18 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

It's a proscribed nuclear program.

And that in turn empowers the United States to attack?
  • Reply 19 of 143
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

And that in turn empowers the United States to attack?

What do you mean by "empower"?
  • Reply 20 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

What do you mean by "empower"?

em·pow·er __ (_P_)__Pronunciation Key__(m-pour)

tr.v. em·pow·ered, em·pow·er·ing, em·pow·ers

To invest with power, especially legal power or official authority. See Synonyms at authorize.