Anyone else not able to run camino or mozilla in Panther?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have installed twice, on clean harddrives.. but whenever I run camino.. any site I got just hangs it... I end up having to force quit.. Its the exact same with Moz...

What gives? did Panther break gecko?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Works fine for me. There are cosmetic glitches with buttons and tabs for me in Camino. That is of course not Apple's fault. Camino uses non-standard routines to draw stuff like that.

Barto
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I can't run them either.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Did you try Firebird?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Yeah, neither Camino nor Mozilla work for me. Mozilla won't start. Camino runs and says it loads a page, but the window is empty.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I guess I'm really lucky then... or not, because I always use Safari.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    scarecrowscarecrow Posts: 148member
    Yeah... I have tried Camino, Mozilla, and Firebird... none work...

I would really like to know how they are working for you, Barto, as this is a major showstopper for me.

I cant use Safari.. I am a web developer/power user of browsers, and while safari is good for a basic consumer level browser, it doesnt cut it in day to day web work..

Arrggh! Of all the things to break! Damnit!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I have two hard drives, a 40GB and a 20GB. I used CCC to clone my Jaguar installation onto my 20GB, then proceeded with a clean install of Panther on my 40GB.

I copied Camino.app from my 20GB (Jaguar) to my 40GB (Panther), clicked on it and it worked.

http://homepage.mac.com/barto_act/camino_panther.png

Barto
  • Reply 8 of 8
    steve dsteve d Posts: 1member
    Add me to the list who can't get Camino, Mozilla or Firebird to work. Here's the console message for Camino. For some reason I don't have messages from the other two this time, but they were similar. All having problems with plugin files.

instead

/Applications/Camino/Camino.app/Contents/MacOS/Camino: can't map file: /Applications/Camino/Camino.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/MRJPlugin.plugin ((os/kern) invalid argument)

/Applications/Camino/Camino.app/Contents/MacOS/Camino: can't map file: /Applications/Camino/Camino.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/MRJPlugin.plugin ((os/kern) invalid argument)