Font Book

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'd really love this app, but don't necessarily want to fork out on Panther when it comes. Will it be available separately, does anyone think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I doubt it.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by unremarkable

I'd really love this app, but don't necessarily want to fork out on Panther when it comes. Will it be available separately, does anyone think?

Gee you are asking for a bit much now arn't you?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Hey Apple! I don't want to upgrade to Jaguar. Can you give me Quartz Extreme as a separate download for 10.0? How about iChat? Maybe Sherlock? Okay, okay, how about just the updated Mail.app?

No? Awww.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Well, I do have the new iChat and Safari. What's the big difference?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Apps rely on underlying technologies, such as libraries.

Libraries depend on other libraries.

These libraries *are* the OS upgrades, for the most part.

Some apps will *require* an upgraded OS, just to function.

That's why.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Will Collections finally be used by all applications? *cough* Office *cough*
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Will Collections finally be used by all applications? *cough* Office *cough*

We already have collections today. We've had them for a long time. It's the choice of the developers, really, as to how they will support them. Assuming Microsoft is as lazy today as they have been in the past, I doubt Office will support them any time soon.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by unremarkable

Well? I mean? there's, uh? no need to fork out anything, guy. If, uh? you know what I mean?

• Reply 9 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Brad I thought I read only Cocoa apps support collections but if Carbon does that is good, except M$ better support them in the next Office for Panther! Unless of course they fire the entire MacBU...