3g ipod problems

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Purchased a new 10g ipod last week. No problems until the 5th day, songs skipped. it would freeze. it would get hot, like my powerbook.

i updated the new software release and the problems continued, the latest, the icon of a hard drive appeared, buttons unresponsive. went to the Apple site and did all the things they recommended, then the thing froze again...for the last time.

i returned it for a refund...and guess what I'm not the only one, seems perhaps the 10g has some bugs.

Anyone else having these issues?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I have the song skipping/stoping problem. I thought it was my poorly encoded MP3's, but there are SOOO many I have to re-encode. (Even songs I re-encoded don't work and I have to do it a 3rd time) This is a lot of wasted man-hours and needs to be fixed in the next release. I wish the iPod was less sensitive!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    You mentioned a lot of things you did, however did you update the iPod software to version 2.0.1?

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download
  • Reply 3 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

I have the song skipping/stoping problem. I thought it was my poorly encoded MP3's, but there are SOOO many I have to re-encode.

Strangely enough this was fixed for me by the iPod Software 2.0.1. The other weird thing it fixed was what I like to call the star wars effect. It sounded like light sabres were swishing through many of my songs as if they had actually degraded.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    the latest, i've heard is that Apple may have a problem with the 10g. it is flying off the shelves, according to retailers around here, but the surge in popularity may have caused a rush to market . with some clitches...apparently a typical apple sales move.....wait a couple of months, advice from a store.