Where's Jack (AKA Macwhispers)?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm just a little worried we've haven't heard from Jack since the keynote.

He predicted 970PB to be unveiled.

All forum on his site have been disconected and he doesn't answer mail.

Maybe someone should stop by and see if he doesn't have his head in the oven (the G5 w/out fans).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, I mentioned this another thread...he's got his tail between his legs and people were BLASTING him on his site on Tuesday and Wednesday. I think he disabled the message board component of his site.

Probably a good idea for the time being.

I posted there too (but I was NICE) and simply asked him how his seemingly "dead-on info" and oft-repeated 100% certainty of "970 PowerBooks at WWDC" meshed with Joswiak's recent statements about "no G5 PowerBooks anytime soon...".

He hemmed and hawed and pretty much attributed Joswiak's statement to standard corporate-speak and orchestrated misdirection.

I think the true answer is much simpler: someone is completely full of crap and is just spouting hopeful fantasies and tagging them as "inside info"

• Reply 2 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yet another piece of straw with in the MacMice/MacTable/MacWhispers/MacEtc,etc,etc pile. Poor camel, her back must be killing her.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I think it's apparent to anyone with some grey matter that the PPC970 just runs too hot for portable use at this time. MacWhispers is almost a parody of rumor sites. Poor guy, he needs to get a day job methinks.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I think it's apparent to anyone with some grey matter that the PPC970 just runs too hot for portable use at this time. MacWhispers is almost a parody of rumor sites. Poor guy, he needs to get a day job methinks.

That's pretty much the reason why desktop chips and mobile chips are different