McGriddles

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone tried these yet? They sound awful. Maybe if someone else has tried them they could report back their thoughts.

Sorry if this is an old topic.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Sounds like deep-fried grease from McD.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Who's your sensei!? Worst...commercial...ever.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    I haven't tried one either, but every person I've heard from says it delivers what it promises in a big way. I wouldn't even know about it had it not been for these "people", cuz it sure doesn't sound like MD is going out of its way to market the thing. For anybody who appreciates seriously decadent foods, it appears to be teh homerun. I look forward to trying one, but who knows when I'll ever be at MacDonalds in the morning...
  • Reply 4 of 26
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I was traveling for the past week and was wondering if they were worth trying one morning while on the road.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Hot damn. I was right. Just found it on McDs HP

Sounds like shit to me (and I actually like a lot of their foods)

You have salads in McD? How does it taste? Fresh?
  • Reply 6 of 26
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    go here:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/countries/u...ode=viewDetail

mmm, yummy, i can taste my arteries cloging...
  • Reply 7 of 26
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Hot damn. I was right. Just found it on McDs HP

Sounds like shit to me (and I actually like a lot of their foods)

You have salads in McD? How does it taste? Fresh?

Rumour has it that McDonalds is at the head of many of the GM schemes.

Including a GM Organo-Plastic...

But it all tastes like greased up Vulcanised rubber to me. 8)
  • Reply 8 of 26
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I had one last weekend when my order got screwed up. I didn't like it because the griddle cake is really sweet. I like biscuity things at breakfast.

Jeff
  • Reply 9 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The salads are fresh for now...but who know once the novelty wears off?
  • Reply 10 of 26
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    McDonalds = McVomit
  • Reply 11 of 26
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    I get them often and they are really really good.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Believe it or not, I go to McD's fairly reguarly in the morning during work weeks. Part of it is me being a little lazy and not wanting to trade the extra 20 minutes sleep (I get up pretty early) for a bowl of cereal and juice. BUT, I don't normally dig McDonald's much. That said, the McGriddles are actually a really tasty breakfast sandwich. At first it sounded nasty to me too but they do 'em up right.

Not too greasy (in fact I think their Egg McMuffins around here are great, almost no grease, eggs always seem fresh, etc), and the combination of sweetness and the bacon and egg is really good somehow.

Not advocating it's a "healthy" way to eat, but it's not nearly as greasy or low-quality "parts" as their burgers. Eggs are eggs ya know. I'd just steer clear of the sausage because God knows where they get that from.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The McGriddle is pretty tasty, but I too would not recommend it in excess. As far as the taste: Take the taste of a syrup-soaked pancake and add sausage/bacon/ham(?), egg, and cheese and that's what you get. I enjoyed it. Crap! Now I may have to go to McD's before work tomorrow! \
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Count me in as someone who actually liked 'em.

I don't normally buy McDonald's food at all, but given the choice, I'll buy stuff from their breakfast menu long before anything off their regular menu (Yuk! That stuff is disgusting).

I also found that the bacon, egg & cheese McGriddle was "neater" in terms of how it was put together. Unlike the biscuits, the McGriddle didn't seem to fall apart as easily when eaten. The sweetness of the griddle cakes takes some getting used to if you don't prefer that with eggs and such, but I think it's actually the first good-tasting, inventive product that McDonald's has come up with in some time.

On the other hand, the McRib should be banned from human consumption. McSlab is more like it.

--G
  • Reply 15 of 26
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

...I wouldn't even know about it had it not been for these "people", cuz it sure doesn't sound like MD is going out of its way to market the thing...

are you serious?! perhaps i've just noticed more but on the way down to the outer banks the other week there were billboards for them everywhere...not to mention i swear i hera ads on the radio very often...and i only listen to the radio maybe 10-15min/wk
  • Reply 16 of 26
    The bastards on our oldies station doesn't even have the decency to just play a regular 20 second ad. Instead they sit there and *talk about it* for 15 minutes on end. Really friggin' annoying. Suffice it to say I don't listen to that station anymore.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah but it's that guy from Fresh Prince in the commercial. Woooohoo! I haven't eaten at McD's in years. I'm in very good shape. I'm happier now.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    The new salads are pretty good. Could use better dressing though.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    I was experiencing pain in my left shoulder area this afternoon on my way to a job inspection. Mussst....re...duce..... Mc...Griddle in-take. Mussst, tryyyy to make....ce...real.

• Reply 20 of 26
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Speaking of cereal, I read a post elsewhere referring to "cereal ATA". I got a good chuckle off of that. The word combos people come up with... That could make a good username, too!

That goes on my list of favorites next to that Gamecube game almost always referred to as "Rouge Leader".

Odds are looking good that I might cross paths with my 1st MacGriddle tomorrow. [crosses fingers]