Annoying Safari problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Evening Guys and Gals,

Has anyone noticed Safari's window not opening in the same place from shut down to start-up? I set the left edge at the left border of the monitor(and the right at the right) and on next start-up(and Safari launch) the left edge is now about a half-inch from the left monitor edge

and the right edge is off the screen by the same amount, necessitating window adjustment.

A minor problem. I admit, but... \

Long live the G5!

Steve

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    just make sure you quit Safari with the window where you want it before you shutdown
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dark seraphdark seraph Posts: 104member
    I have another safari question to post. I really REALLY like the way that when I am _not_ at a station with a scroll-mouse I can hold down the Cmd key and click and drag to scroll. I remember that upon first beta installations only the very first time I launched or updated safari I could still use this feature (strange glitch perhaps). But then after quitting the program and launching again, and in Safari 1.0 release there is no Cmd+Clickdrag to pan through/pseudo scroll a page. Is there a safari enhancer out there that does this?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dark Seraph

I have another safari question to post. I really REALLY like the way that when I am _not_ at a station with a scroll-mouse I can hold down the Cmd key and click and drag to scroll. I remember that upon first beta installations only the very first time I launched or updated safari I could still use this feature (strange glitch perhaps). But then after quitting the program and launching again, and in Safari 1.0 release there is no Cmd+Clickdrag to pan through/pseudo scroll a page. Is there a safari enhancer out there that does this?

i'll do one better... command (or whatever modifier key you want) scroll in all apps... I use the fn key on my PB

http://gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ucontrol.html
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ahhh, its too much! TOO SEXY.

thankyoumuch....

the disclaimer and conflicts make me hesitate on installing it though...

have you had any issues?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    absolutely none, ive been using it for 6 months or so... what mac do you have?

edit: no I lied...

i did (do) have a problem with it... i remapped my "enter" key to be a second "fn" key and it refused to work for scrolling... one quick email to the author and about a week later there was a new version out that fixed the problem...

of course the key works like I want it to now, but I can't seem to use it to hit the F1-F7 keys... I have to use the "real" fn key...

oh well... could be worse...

but other then that small issue-that i dont even bother about anymore

it works great
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dark seraphdark seraph Posts: 104member
    specs on my hardware:

G4: dual 500mhz

two internal harddrives (40 GB Deathstar) and (60GB Western Dig)

gigoram

running osx server (thats why I'm hesistant on putting any program thats "ify" on it. I know I probably shouldn't have bought server and be using it as a workstation as well, but with my budget right now and services I choose to use thats the choice I made...