No cheap Office X w/ new mac anymore?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I looked on Apple, macmall and macwarehouse and i cant find any mention of the discounted Office X when purchased w/ a new mac. This was such a good deal, cuz its a rip off at $439.99. My boss is gonna be sad if this deal is gone, we need to buy a few machines soon. Can anyone confirm? or am I just missing it?

Edit: I just saw this though free

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    peharripeharri Posts: 169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

I looked on Apple, macmall and macwarehouse and i cant find any mention of the discounted Office X when purchased w/ a new mac. This was such a good deal, cuz its a rip off at $439.99. My boss is gonna be sad if this deal is gone, we need to buy a few machines soon. Can anyone confirm? or am I just missing it?

Edit: I just saw this though free

I just bought a copy from OWC (www.macsales.com) for $290, which is slightly cheaper than the "special offer" discount. It was very barebones though, the DVD case it came in didn't even have a cover (literally a CD, an installation guide w/key, and a see through DVD case. No boxes, printed licences/warranties, etc)

That's certainly an option if you don't want to buy a whole new Mac...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    http://www.openoffice.org ....

Just a thought. Actually is Sun's Star Office still freely available. i know they took it off their download site for a while.