Bob Lazar: Lets Reverse-Engineer a UFO?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Have you guys seen this guy on TV? I usually totally laugh at these types of people, but he seems really genuine, smart, articulate and I find his experiencesto be pretty interesting. What do you think?

Element 115!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ariari Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

Have you guys seen this guy on TV? I usually totally laugh at these types of people, but he seems really genuine, smart, articulate and I find his experiencesto be pretty interesting. What do you think?

Element 115!

Sounds like an excellent idea!

Of course, we would actually need a UFO first, which we lack.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Quote:

Element 115!

I didn't see the program but his story has been around forever. He's been pretty well written off by most UFO researchers (for whatever that's worth) for claiming degrees from colleges that he doesn't have.

He has tax return that proves he was employed by the government at the time he claims, plus info on Area 51 that seems legit, though.

I know jack about physics, but always find his ideas about interstellar travel interesting, bending time and space, etc.

I love UFO mythology in general!

Jeff
  • Reply 3 of 11
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    I just saw the show on sci fi channel as well

damned the wierdest timing.

How much element 115 did you get away with?

-no comment-
  • Reply 4 of 11
    rampancyrampancy Posts: 363member
    A couple of years ago, a plastic model company called Testors capitalized on Lazar's story and made up a plastic model kit of the disk (called the "Sport Model") and packaged it up all nice and pretty-like with an interesting little booklet which details how the propulsion system works, and where the aliens came from...

From the booklet:

-the aliens essentially look like the sterotypical "grey aliens" (from various movies, TV shows and games like Deus Ex), and come from Reticulum 4, the fourth planet out from Zeta 2 Reticuli, a star in the Zeta Reticulum binary star system

-the disk flies near large astronomical bodies by manipulating their gravity fields; in interstellar space, the ship creates its own gravity for propulsion

-apparently, "element 115" is used as a source of what Lazar calls "Gravity A" (he says that there are two distinct forms of gravity that exist in nature) and is also used in a 'Star Trek'-style matter-antimatter reaction that is used to create energy for the ship...

Personally, I don't know what to think about this guy. He has a cool story, but the logic of his tale doesn't make sense to me. When he decided to leave, the US Government just decided to let him go with everything he knew? Of course, that leads to the suspicion that he's just a red herring tossed out by "them" to throw people off track. But hey, you never know.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    So do you guys think he is for real?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

I'll admit it's possible, but I don't believe it.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Hmmmm let me think about it.....mmm no.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Put it this way: Do you think he thinks hes real? Insane or fraud?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Put it this way: Do you think he thinks hes real? Insane or fraud?

Maybe a little of C mixed with some B.

Although it would be interesting if he were A. But the chances for that are quite small.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Hey, HOT CHICKS are real, but until they start to alter MY REALITY...WHO GIVES A DAMN!?