Who owns Apple?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone have any Apple stock??? How much has it fluctuated over the years?? How much growth do you forsee when Apple finally announces ITMS for Windows? Anyone buy recently due to release of ITMS or the G5??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Yahoo! Finance - AAPL

Stable? You be the judge.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Ehgads!! That's a couple of mountain ranges. What's that high point at the beginning of 2000 coincide with??
  • Reply 3 of 12
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    You might better ask what the low point directly following it coincides with.

I've got aapl, bought it $14.76 the night before the "one million songs in a week" announcement. The next day it went up 11%, and it's since gone up another 20 or so.

Good investment, at the moment.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    The black triangle indicates a stock split meaning its value was actually around 150 at the time. That was during the peak of the dot-com Internet boom.

Later in August 2000, the day it dropped like a rock was the day that Apple warned of possible losses for the coming quarter. Apple was the first company to give the warning, but the rest of the industry soon followed and technology stock prices everywhere crashed hard.

Worth noting: several Apple execs sold off huge amounts of stock before that official announcement. Do I smell insider trading?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    (sarcasm)no not at all.

But that pretty much seems to be par for the course. Makes me question the American corporate culture and a bit leary to invest into any company.

(Free Martha Stewart!!!)
  • Reply 6 of 12
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Don't get me started.....Let's just say, I had a hunch, missed my chance, I could have a small fortune right now.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    Quote:

Later in August 2000, the day it dropped like a rock was the day that Apple warned of possible losses for the coming quarter.

The way I remember it it wasn't about possible losses. They reported lower than expected earnings. Something in the range of 110 million rather than 115 million (rough figures).

Anyone know where we could find out for sure?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    power applepower apple Posts: 335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Don't get me started.....Let's just say, I had a hunch, missed my chance, I could have a small fortune right now.

I know how you feel, I too missed the chance...been kicking myself ever since
  • Reply 9 of 12
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Could be worse, you could have *had* a small fortune...

Bought back in the $30 range (pre-split), watched it go up to $150... and held it. *sigh*
  • Reply 10 of 12
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I was going to buy AAPL stock a little bit ago, but a close friend of mine (who has been following Apple a lot longer than myself) told me not too, that it was never going to go anywhere. He told me that as much as he loved Apple, he never felt that they would be get back to the level of being worth owning. I still think I took bad advice though. \
  • Reply 11 of 12
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

... AAPL stock ,,, is never going to go anywhere.. bad advice though. \

Your friend must not be an Apple user. If you are a Mac user and don't see the effect that OSX. iPod, ITMS, G5, iSight and iChatAV will have on the fortunes of AAPL in the near future then you deserve to miss out.

I've been buying AAPL since the big drop in 2000. I bought it whenever it dipped below 15. I buy in 50 or 100 share blocks (depending on cash on hand at the time). I doubt if I'll be buying any more of it (because I doubt if it will go below 15 again).

Apple Computer, as an investment, has never looked better. If you can buy it in the teens you will double your money in 12 ~ 18 months.

Aphelion ...
  • Reply 12 of 12
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aphelion

Your friend must not be an Apple user.

Yes he is, but he told me that even if they do the next big thing, they couldn't get enough market share to get big enough again. I'm still thinking about buying, but now I'm low on money.