Help with Biology Assessment Task - Human Story

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My assessment task is due on Friday and I am absolutely stuck as I also have another 2 assessments due on the same day.

This is what I have to do:

PART A

Gather and process secondary information and use available evidence to assess the contribution of two of the following palaentologists work to our increased understanding of human evolution

- The Leakey Family

- Donald Johanson

- Robert Broom

- Phillip Tobias

- Raymond Dart

- Jane Goodall

1. Explain the evidence they used to draw their evolutionary path of humans.Provide the evolutionary tree by drawing it.

2. Compare the alternative views of the palaentologists chosen and by using the same fossil evidence provide an overview of the similarities and differences of any two species used in tracing human evolutionary relationships.

3. Discuss possible future scientific study into the evolution of humans.

PART B

A fossil site has just been unearthed in Central Africa. You are a palaentologist on your way out to the site to start the process of identifying the species found.

1. Explain how you would go about collecting fossil remains.

2. Discuss the process in identifying how to determine what type of species has been found.

3. Outline the ways in which you could keep accurate and reliable records of your findings.

4. Explain why your investigation of the fossil site and analysis of your findings is best undertaken as a team rather than an individual.

IF ANYONE CAN OFFER ASSISTANCE, WITH ESPECIALLY QUESTION 3 IN PART A AND PART B ALTOGETHER YOU WOULD BE OF SO MUCH ASSISTANCE

CHEERS

ROBERT

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    DYOFH.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    wtf
  • Reply 3 of 6
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robby

Gather and process secondary information and use available evidence to assess the contribution of two of the following palaentologists work to our increased understanding of human evolution

- The Leakey Family

- Donald Johanson

- Robert Broom

- Phillip Tobias

- Raymond Dart

- Jane Goodall

Satin! It's all the work of Satin! Err... Satan, I mean.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robby

wtf

DYOFH. It's an acronym. I'll give you a hint: the first three words are "do your own." Try to guess the rest.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Have a Goggle at Google.

Hate to agree with BR but I'm sure your teachers wouldn't like you cribbing like this..

It's about doing your own research..study

Not copying what others have done.

Go on Robert...I'm sure you've got a good noggin..so use it and do us all proud.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    thank you all for you help you been so gracious in providing a wealth of assistance.