LimeWire for OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey,

Ok heres my problem and i want to know how to fix it and if anyone else has had this problem. I have OS X, latest version too not sure which 10.2.x but whenever i try to download limewire for OS X it works fine and i install it, but it will not open. Not even an error message, it simply will not open. I have been using limewire in classic mode to get it to run but i would much rather have it in OS X. Any ideas would be appreciated,

tia

logan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Why on earth would you use LimeWire when there are so many better alternatives?

Aquisition

mlMac
  • Reply 2 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by serrano

Why on earth would you use LimeWire when there are so many better alternatives?

Aquisition

mlMac

Aquasition is smoother but somehow have never wanted to work proberly on my macs (find files but won´t download)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Aquasition and mldonkey work like a charm for me.

(Aquasition is the LimeWire core w/ Aqua gui).
  • Reply 4 of 8
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    mlmac never works for me, i find all the files i want easily but they all stay in waiting to start... state and speed stalled, they never work, am i doing something wrong?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I had this happen to me once with limewire. I had to completely remove it and reinstall instead of doing the usuall install on top of the older version.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Use this guide for mldonkey, provided by someone over from the MacNN forums:

http://www.scifience.net/mldonkey/
  • Reply 7 of 8
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    uhh i have mlmac not mldonkey and i dont think i have to do all that, on the website it says i dont
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Give Direct Connect a try. It always works and if something goes wrong it tells you what it is. For example if the person you wanna try and download from doesn't have any upload slots open then it will say NO FREE SLOTS. It's soOoOoOo much better than any app that's on the Gneutella network. Each user can chose to run their own server/hub if they want to. It's cool. If you need more help getting it set up e-mail me or send me an IM on either MSN Messanger or AOL Instant Messanger.