Star Wars Galaxies

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/splash.htm

Star Wars Galaxies is out, but only for PC. Any word on a Mac release? A pal of mine beta tested it and I was really impressed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/splash.htm

Star Wars Galaxies is out, but only for PC. Any word on a Mac release? A pal of mine beta tested it and I was really impressed.

I thought I read it is coming. The only downside is that the subscription is $14.99 month. Way too high.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Yeah, my brother was in the beta...it is really neat, but....the beta was sooooooooooooooo incomplete that I really hope they added a helluva lot to it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    One of my dorm buddies was in the beta from week two or three. I was really impressed as they started enabling more and more. It looks very promising, but if I were to invest in a monthly payment service, I'd go for Planetside (he snagged a beta for that, too). It's a bit more my speed
  • Reply 4 of 7
    macmikemacmike Posts: 96member
    So is Star Wars Galaxy coming for the Mac?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macmike

So is Star Wars Galaxy coming for the Mac?

Well... seeing as it's also a Sony title I'm sure a mac version of Galaxies will depend on sales of Everquest. Ugh.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    shankstashanksta Posts: 96member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xidius

I am waiting for World of Warcraft. Which I hear is NOT subscription.

- Xidius

If WarCraft is not subscription based I will shit my pants and make a pilgrimage to Blizzard and kiss all of their feet.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    World of WarCraft is going to be a subscription.

From their site:

Quote:

Will there be monthly fee to play the game?

Quote:

Yes; however, we are still investigating our business model and have not yet determined what the fee will be.