What's the word on the Media/Communications industry?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has it wethered the recession better than others? Is it set for healthy growth for a while (unless something bad happens, of course)? Are there any wildcards spinning in the air right now that could turn things upside down again (a major company scandal, for instance).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Not that i have noticed.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I must get my eyes tested..see below for full corrected thread...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

In Oz the banks have weathered better than anyone.

Considering that they charge up to 5% for loans and only offer.001% in interest on most standard bank savings accounts..Yes that .001% is correct.& it sucks.

They also offer only a small number of free withdrawls per months average of 5 before they charge between 50c to a $1.oo per withdrawl..

It's no wonder that the major banks post yearly profits in the tens of billions of dollars...

• Reply 4 of 6
    see above..oops..definitely must get my eyes tested..crash...ouch...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Whoah, aquafire- do you need a reboot or something?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of shifting some of my IRA rollover money over to an aggressive style Communications & Media fund that is looking good for growth right now.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Whoah, aquafire- do you need a reboot or something?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of shifting some of my IRA rollover money over to an aggressive style Communications & Media fund that is looking good for growth right now.

Sometimes my "trigger-finger" & " eyes " get the better of me..Keep pressing the wrong fangled widget levers.buttons.

Re Investments...

Right now I am thinking the best investment portfolio ( shares ) is a mixture of Plastics, Oil, Gold & anything military..

If profiting from war isn't to you liking, you can always chip into real estate property ( direct-not trusts ) especially anything on the beach or with a beach view.

( This was Lex Luthor's advice at the end of Superman circa 1977 )

Man if I had taken his advice, I would be a multi millionaire / billionaire by now...

Either that or buy long term treasury bonds...Not much growth..but solid as a rock..