ADC-discount in applestores?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello.

I am passing through New York next week when travelling from Norway and want to buy an powerbook when I am there (I know the timing sucks with the book about to be updated and all but this is my only chance, i dont have time to wait). So if I walk into an Applestore, will they have powerbooks there ready that I can pay for and take with me? Or are they always built after ordering and then picked up later?

And, will I get an ADC-student discount on purchases done in an Apple-store? Or is the discount just for online orders?

I will be in New York for a couple of days before I leave for Buenos Aires, Argentina and dont really have time for any online ordering.

Ok, one more:

What is the salestax in New York, and will it be aproblem to get this refunded as I leave for Argentina?

I am open for all suggestions.

Armas

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Armas

Hello.

I am passing through New York next week when travelling from Norway and want to buy an powerbook when I am there (I know the timing sucks with the book about to be updated and all but this is my only chance, i dont have time to wait). So if I walk into an Applestore, will they have powerbooks there ready that I can pay for and take with me? Or are they always built after ordering and then picked up later?

as long as you buy a stock model you can pick it up there...

Quote:

And, will I get an ADC-student discount on purchases done in an Apple-store? Or is the discount just for online orders?

I highly doubt it

Quote:

I will be in New York for a couple of days before I leave for Buenos Aires, Argentina and dont really have time for any online ordering.

Ok, one more:

What is the salestax in New York, and will it be aproblem to get this refunded as I leave for Argentina?

bummer, looks like you will have to pay the 8.25% sales tax and no there is no way to get this refunded... I'm not sure but there MAY be a tax-free weekend coming up in downtown manhattan... but I HIGHLY doubt it...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Go to Irvine, California instead. Find a nice girl at a bar, first give her a drink and then the best sex she ever had. Then in the morning she will ask you if there is anything she could do to return the great favour. Then you say "well you were good too but now that you ask could you please go to the computerstore and buy me one of these ?"
  • Reply 3 of 4
    armasarmas Posts: 6member
    Thank you, that is a good advice. What was the name of that girl again?

Also, I think I can remember something about her having a sister i NY? yes?

Should be possible to get a similar deal somewhere in NewYork me thinks.

Armas
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I think we all want in on that deal.