iTunes weird problem... help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I installed iTunes 4, suddenly it does not display any song information (the ID3 tags) in the beige oval shape window. It does give the bar with the black diamond showing the progression through the song, but the title, etc. is not there. I have tried reinstalling iTunes 3, wiping all associated resource files, going back to 4, etc. and nothing works. The computer is a PowerBook G4 667... I have plenty of HD space free, and the MP3s are not corrupted. Any idea how I can fix this? I can't figure it out...

thanks,

stjobs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    When did you move to Florida?

Sorry, but I have no answer to your question.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Try (as a test) taking just one mp3 in your library, and add it to your library again. Does it show the ID3 tags now? If so, just remove all your mp3s from iTunes (but do not send them to the trash), and then add them all back in. I've found that this sometimes works for me when I lose ID3 info in iTunes.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    stjobsstjobs Posts: 45member
    The problem is not the MP3s. It's iTunes. All of the ID3 information is there and correct - it just doesn't show in the yellow "play progress" window. Is there a bug report for iTunes?

stjobs