Apple Stores Help Register Growth

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In the following article, the consensus is that the stores are working and should show a profit by September 27 quarter. You got to read the article carefully, because in some instances market share is down and in others it's up. The new G5 can only help improve unit sales all around.

So, without further adieu, go here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    So market share is growing in the consumer and laptop sales areas, i.e., not the professional and educational areas.

OK.

I think Apple just did a convincing job of licking the professional sales problem. Any further improvements are essentially out of their hands (Quark, the economy, etc.). The educational market will be a tougher nut to crack, because the trend toward standardization on Windows has finally reached K-12, and since the move is not inherently technological, and since educational budgets are hard up, it'll be a tough battle for Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    They standardize computers in education but not curriculims. Idiots.

Back on topic, perhaps we'll see Apple try and delete their dependence on Quark by creating their own publishing software, or they could just buy OuarkXPress.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

truly, this alwasy bugged me. the annoying trend for teaching "real world" skills.

teaching a kid how to use MS Word does nothing, since that knwoledge is outdated by the time they leave school.

using a computer as a tool for creation and reference is a completely different matter, and is what should be encouraged.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Apple is about to lose the NYC Dept of Ed too :-(

Rumors are that the city wil sign a deal with Dell.

Right now its up to the districts.... my mother's is 100% Apple but Bloomberg got rid of the districts and in the process the very pro Apple district technology coordinators are being fired.

its gonna suck
  • Reply 5 of 6
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I hope they never standardize curriculums. Standardization is good for railroads and programming but not so good for education.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Standardization is fine as a minimal threshhold. Anyway, pesi's point is all too true.

Administrators are looking to give kids more real-world experience, but they think WinXP running Office 2000 is the real world experience the kids will get once they graduate. It's probably true for the vocational schools to a fair extent, much less so for the college-bound students, those in fine arts, liberal arts or science pursuits. Of course, school administrators haveno idea what "real-world" experience is after so many years in the school system.