Security Question

ariari
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there way to check to see if someone has tried to or succeeded in accessing your computer remotely without your position? I have reason to believe that someone may have and this person does have my IP Address. I am running 10.1.5.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    accessed how? most servers keep logs, many of the servers that ship with macosx keep their logs in /var/log. try tailing those files to see who's been poking at your itty bits. of course, none of this is relevant unless you have turned on some of these servers (like in the Sharing panel of System Preferences).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    If you want to log attempts to access your computer you should install Brickhouse. It has a monitor and a log. Even though it's shareware, you don't get annoyed by pleas to pay.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~brian_...rickhouse.html
  • Reply 3 of 3
    123123 Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ari

Is there way to check to see if someone has tried to or succeeded in accessing your computer remotely without your position? I have reason to believe that someone may have and this person does have my IP Address. I am running 10.1.5.

Type "last" in the terminal. However, this just displays what's written in /var/log/wtmp and entries can be removed from that file manually (with the right permissions).