iPod

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
How hard would it be to enlarge the screen, keep it under the clear plastic (I believe it is not already) and utilize a pressure sentisitve pad on the clear plastic, instead of directly on the LCD screen...

Oh yeah, and a color screen so you can use the iPod as a digital wallet with full screen display of photographs...

Buttons would be using the pressure sensitive areas north, south, east and west of the display and pretty much behave the way the do now.

Since we are predicting things that aren't going to happen, of course......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    milesmiles Posts: 26member
    So...the ipod was a no-show. When will we see it? There was in interesting article in the ny times today...what do you all think? Is a source like this reputable?

The whole article...

<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/cnet/CNET_2100-1040-979204.html"; target="_blank">Ny Times Article</a>

And a short blurb...

"iPod II

But some analysts don't believe the new product will be a tablet, but a successor to Apple's iPod music player. The new device would have video capabilities and possibly a touch screen and wireless capabilities. As such, the device would be similar to the portable video player unfurled by Intel last year. Sonicblue is currently marketing the Intel-designed device.

"I think any rumors about a tablet computer are a smokescreen for iPod II," said Richard Doherty, president of research firm Envisioneering Group.

Technology Business Research analyst Tim Deal agreed. "I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple introduce an iPod with touch-screen capabilities as well as additional applications to include cell-phone connectability and gaming as it continues to evolve into a fully functional PDA," he said. "A wireless iPod with bolstered display features would allow users to share and view digital (pictures) and videos on the fly."

Doherty said Apple has been working on a video-capable iPod-like device for some time. "Originally, Apple had planned to announce iPod II at Expo Tokyo," he said. In December, IDG canceled next month's Macworld Expo/Tokyo. "We think the product can be announced, if not shipped now," Doherty added.

The iPod II, in fact, is one of three principal pieces of hardware in Apple?s labs that Apple has shown analysts but not officially announced yet. The company is also working on computers that will contain IBM's 32-bit and 64-bit chip and a computer with a 3D screen, similar to the screens recently unveiled by Sharp. Of course, Doherty added that not everything in the lab eventually goes public.

Whether tablet or iPod, emphasis on video would be one of the new product's distinguishing features, Doherty said. Apple could further advance its digital media strategy around MPEG-4, the successor to the MPEG-2 format widely used for Hollywood movie DVDs.

"Nobody has better MPEG-4 tools than Apple," Doherty said.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    The MidgetBook does all that, and more even.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dgmvwdgmvw Posts: 54member
    Wouldn't it be cool to use the new (hopefully) iPod and keynote presentations together? Going to a meeting with your iPod instead of a laptop would be great.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by DGMVW:

<strong>Wouldn't it be cool to use the new (hopefully) iPod and keynote presentations together? Going to a meeting with your iPod instead of a laptop would be great.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I see what you mean, just play the presentation off of the iPod and use the iPod's controls as a slide clicker.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    If Keynote takes off, I wouldn't be surprised to see some enterprising third-party vendor develop a Bluetooth "clicker."

Screed