gonna have to 9 it

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Seems that there is not comparable app to Elastic Reality which has been sadly discontinued for a while now.

I put a posting to this a while back. Trying to find if it ran sucessfully under classic mode. No replies to that...

So, now I ask, does anyone have a good link to doing a BARE minimum installation of os9 just to get it running w/o all the unecessary overhaul?

tia

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dark Seraph

Seems that there is not comparable app to Elastic Reality which has been sadly discontinued for a while now.

I put a posting to this a while back. Trying to find if it ran sucessfully under classic mode. No replies to that...

So, now I ask, does anyone have a good link to doing a BARE minimum installation of os9 just to get it running w/o all the unecessary overhaul?

tia

pop in a 9 cd, run the installer. make sure to select 'clean installation' (should be an option when selecting the destination hard drive). when it gets to the packages to install, deselect everything you can, except the base system and maybe internet. then, start mail flooding the programmers who make the prog u want to run, insisting that they not force you through that horrid OS :P.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

then, start mail flooding the programmers who make the prog u want to run, insisting that they not force you through that horrid OS :P.

I'd like to but its been a while since Avid has discontinued Elastic Reality. I really don't think Avid has the time to invest in me, but it does remind me of the time I mail flooded random people at Netscape

I e-mailed about 30 people because I couldn't get this javascript menu to work and it rendered perfectly in explorer (mind you netscape wrote the tutorial code). I got feedback from the programmer in about a week actually. Doesn't hurt to try I guess... \

Thanks for the clean install help.