Hillary got 8 mil.. the village and the child got laid off

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
S&S lays off 75

I find it amazing and appailing that Hillary and Bill Clinton claim they are for the little folks, that the Democratic party is for the little folks while they rake in millions and people are out in the street. Likewise S&S will publish fewer titles so she is closing the door on others after her.

Hillary's advance could continue to pay those people their salaries and even with sales of a million books there is no way she has made it back with royalties.

So I guess the moral is that it takes a village to raise a child, unless your advance laysoff the entire village so all the children can starve while you sit in your big house accusing others of not caring about the poor, downtrodden and those with fewer opportunities.

Don't worry I'm sure Bill's 12 million dollar advance will show how "caring" they are of the poor.

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    So a business decision by S&S is the fault of the Clintons? I didn't realize that Bill or Hillary Clinton ran S&S.

The Clintons still owe huge amounts of money to their attorneys for the legal proceedings they underwent, including impeachment. They aren't exactly 'rolling in the money' like you seem to believe. Plus, the book is an overwhelming success for S&S. It's not like they paid her the money and the books sat on the shelves.

Maybe you should go after Walter Isaacson next. After all, his book on Benjamin Franklin also got him a huge cash advance. We should probably forget that his book is also making a good amount of money for S&S.

BTW, if you like biographies, you should definitely read Isaacson's book on Franklin. It's an excellent read.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    S&S have a runaway hit with the Clinton book. They made their money back. But they have fired people. And this is just MORE proof of what evil people the Clintons are.

What a SHIT thread.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Runaway hit? Yep it can be a hit, but not if it costs more than it makes. A hollywood film wouldn't be a hit if it made 80 million but cost 100 million to make.

Legal fees...try again.

Legal fees

Choice quotes...

Quote:

The Clintons had $11 million in legal bills resulting from various probes. Their defunct defense fund has paid more than $7 million.

Quote:

Bill Clinton earned $9.2 million in 2001 for speaking engagements alone, according to his wife's Senate disclosure statement.

Quote:

Dick Morris: 'They've Never Given a Dime'

Dick Morris, the former Clinton political adviser who is now a critic, said last week that the former first couple: "Paid the lawyers only a million dollars and that all came out of their legal defense fund. They've never given a personal dime to any attorney that represented them."

This could be a problem.

As one attorney familiar with the workings of the OIC statute said: "When fees are paid out by a legal defense fund on behalf of those for whom the money was raised - $7 million or more in the case of the Clintons - then they are not supposed to be eligible for reimbursement. If the fund paid the bill, then it is the fund who is out the money, not the Clintons, on whose behalf the bills were paid."

Which relates to.....them asking the government to give them 3.5 million for their legal bills.

Hypocrites, if this were anyone else you would call them what they are, sell outs, and fakes. Hillary doesn't believe in the village, she's too busy being the queen on the hill.

Nick
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

What a SHIT thread.

you took the words right out of my mouth. pardon the pun trmptman, but this blows.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Nick, whose fault is it that S&S paid a lot of money in an advance?

Please answer this verrrrry simple question.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    not her job to baby sit for her publisher. i'm sure her book has made them tons of money.

granted, i can't stand her, and i don't think much of Bill, but if you're going to despise someone, at least make sure it's for something that's actually their fault/responsibility.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Quote:

So a business decision by S&S is the fault of the Clintons? I didn't realize that Bill or Hillary Clinton ran S&S.

Trumptman, this kind of spin is unwelcome here.

Please avoid it in the future, or refrain from posting if that's not possible.

Thank you.