problem running illustrator

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i cannot get illustrator 10 to work on my comp. i get a nice little message saying "Adobe Illustrator cannot run". is it lack of ram? i have only 128mb right now, do i need more to run illustrator?

also, is there an uninstall program on osx or do u just throw the programs in the trash?

btw, if u didnt notice i am new to the mac world. things are a bit different.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    bump
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    can no one help me out here???
  • Reply 3 of 4
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Well, although I can't say anything about the Illustrator problem, there are really no uninstall programs for Mac. And really, there shouldn't be a need for any.

Most programs have everything self contained in the application itself, and so generally just dragging the application to the trash and deleting it is enough. There are a few programs that spew files all over your computer... you'll recognize those by the special installers they use. And then, you can usually uninstall those with the installer.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Yeah, just drag Illustrator's folder to the trash and the app is gone. No mess, no fuss. There's nothing like the registry that has to keep track of everything.

Some personal support files are stored in your home Library directory. Specifically, check ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe for that. You can safely trash the contents of this if you plan on reinstalling.

Your personal settings for the app are similarly stored in ~/Library/Preferences. Illustrator creates a folder there called Adobe Illustrator 10 and a file called Adobe Illustrator 10 Prefs. Trash these and the app will revert to default settings the next time you run it.