Hydra 1.1.1

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Point update to the excellent HTML/text editor includes a notable feature: live-updating HTML preview using WebCore.

It's swanky.

Go get it.

http://hydra.globalse.org/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    I've never used BBEdit and stuff...but I've used Hydra a bit and like it a lot. How does it compare to BBEdit?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    I've heard good words on Hydra [compared to BBEdit].....

will have to try this out
  • Reply 3 of 7
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    The best part about Hydra is the Rondezvous group projects. I've only done limited stuff with this, but it is really nice. I helped someone on a programming assignment, and it was really slick.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Actually I use hydra not only for my programming needs, but I use it for my full time text editor also. Its a nice little app. Its very light weight and quick to.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

Actually I use hydra not only for my programming needs, but I use it for my full time text editor also. Its a nice little app. Its very light weight and quick to.

I did a bit of coding over the internet with some dude. Worked very well.

But I'm curious to know what BBEdit's got over Hydra.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    amitofuamitofu Posts: 59member
    This is incredible! It rerenders the "Web Preview" after every character I enter. Truly on-the-fly rendering.

There is one BIG disappointment though and that is that it does not reload linked in stylesheets. I have to quit and relaunch Hydra to get it to clear my stylesheets out of WebCore's cache.

-Chris
  • Reply 7 of 7
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    bbedit has grep search and replace...