Have you sent an email to buymusic.com from your Mac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Who has enabled the Debug menu in safari just so you could send an email to buymusic.com from your Mac just to let them know that you can still surf their site?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    What's their email?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Too much free time, folks What is this supposed to accomplish? The ability for you guys to login to their site without changing the browser settings so that you will never, ever purchase a song from them?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

What's their email?

click the link in my first message.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    why would they have gone out of their way to disable mac users from accessing their site? I can't believe they are seriously just trying to be a-holes; is there some technical reason for this?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    A few reasons why your venture will not work:

1. You were not able to secure the same rights for EVERY SONG available through your site. Apple was. This creates confusion for your customers, who will have to keep track of which songs they are allowed to burn, transfer, etc.

2. Apple is planning to make the iTunes Music Store available to Windows users. This only makes sense, considering Apple's iPod MP3 player--easily the best one out there in terms of features, size, ease of use and storage capacity--works with Windows. All of the Windows users who own iPods will have to use a different MP3 player if they want to sign up with your store. Forcing Windows users who already own something better to downgrade to something not as good just to make use of your store doesn't seem like a good strategy.

3. Your ad campaign apes the look of Apple's own advertisements for its music service. White background, people singing a favorite song while listening to it on their MP3 player. This will create confusion for potential customers. Not a good strategy.

4. Limiting access to your service by allowing only Windows users with Internet Explorer shows how behind the times you are. Not taking the time to code your web site to be compatible with as many browsers/platforms as possible is lazy. Not a good strategy.

By the way, I'm viewing your site with no problems at all using Apple's Safari browser, although I'll show up in your visitor logs as someone using Internet Explorer 6 for Windows.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

click the link in my first message.

Won't work. I'm on IE, still on Puma.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

Won't work. I'm on IE, still on Puma.

http://www.buymusic.com/support/email.aspx