If the sister's in college....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, my sister is enrolled in college currently, therefore, she gets educational discounts. Now, if she were to purchase a new Mac, could it stay at home and be used for "home research" when she comes home without any problems? I don't want to get in any legal trouble, but she would be using it when she came home from college (we live two hours away from the college) or for summer projects. Sound kosher or should I stop being a cheap skate and save up for the regular amount?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    it's fine.

although look at the pricing and compare it to somewhere that doesn't charge tax.

sometimes it's cheaper to buy from someone like clubmac even with the apple education discount because the tax adds a lot on
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

it's fine.

although look at the pricing and compare it to somewhere that doesn't charge tax.

sometimes it's cheaper to buy from someone like clubmac even with the apple education discount because the tax adds a lot on

and sometimes its not...like if u get $300 of your dualie g5 tax is only 180
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yeah, it used to be the case that sales tax basically cancelled out the edu discounts, but the recent prices are a bit better, at least on the pro products. The consumer products aren't as great, but still better than before. If your sister wants an iPod, the edu back to school bundle rebate is pretty nice.